Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: White Rasta?
In Response To: White Rasta? ()

Greetings,
I have been reading the posts on this topic and I figure I might as well chime in since I seem to have been brought up a couple of times.
To let you know more about myself, I am also a descendent of europeans/caucasion. I follow the teachings of a man called Ras Tafari Haile Selassie and have never found truth and progressiveness like I find in Rastafari livity. No doubt about it...my faith in H.I.M Haile Selassie is always growing stronger and the progressive good works bieng manifested in my life increased by the path Rastafari has proved to me that this is the way meant for I. Now...to get to the nitty gritty...I have been studying,praying,meditating on this race thing for some time now, I am constantly learning so I humbly offer my words/perspective.. It is finally staring to become clear to me now (thanks again to all on this forum for progressive learning). It is important to realize that Rastafari is a movement for the liberation for the black Africans scattered around the world by us...the Europeans. This is what the movement started out of, and this remains the movemnt today. That (african liberation) should be of the utmost importance to ANY person of progressiveness and love for humanity. When i read the words of H.I.M, this is always one of the primary goals spoken of, the liberation, freedom, and justice of Africa and her people. None of this makes me feel like Haile Selassie was not supposed to work into my life...it strengthens it!! Rastafari is for me about the worng things on this earth bieng turned right, the sick bieng nurished,the elderly bieng protected, helping those in need, truth in all aspects of life. And one of the main wrongs in this world that needs to be righted is that of the situation that hundreds of years of S*** has been laid on the Africans of this world by us, the europeans. So to try and summerize...., if we TRULY see divinity in the man Ras Tafari Haile Selassie (if not then we shouldnt associate with his name!).. as white people we must find our place in a movement of black liberation, because this was one of the main goals of His Majesty, and should be of ours as well. The "war speech" by H.I.M says that "UNTIL THAT DAY THAT A MANS SKIN IS OF NO MORE SIGNIFICANCE THAN THE COLOR OF HIS EYES...WE WILL FIGHT FOR THE VICTORY OF GOOD OVER EVIL". "THAT DAY" has not come yet, so as members of the race that commited this EVIL, we must also fight against this evil. I apologise if I am rambling, like I said I am learning everyday and just wanted to give you my perspective as of now.
Blessings and Respect to you and all on this forum,
Adam

Messages In This Thread

White Rasta?
AGB: check my blog
White Rasta.......the oxymoron
Re: White Rasta.......the oxymoron
Re: White Rasta.......the oxymoron *NM* *LINK*
RJ
Re: RJ
Resonse to RJ!!!!!
RJ!!!!
AGB
Incient Yout'......
Re: Incient Yout'......
American Sadhu *LINK*
thanks, ADAM. *NM*
correction
bredren...give thanks for the saddhu link!!!!!! *NM*
Re: White Rasta? *LINK*
CURE Is a white conscious organization
CURE
Re: CURE Is a white conscious organization

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com