HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: HEAR SELASSIE SPEAK
In Response To: Re: HEAR SELASSIE SPEAK ()

'The failure of human beings to independently investigate truth is foremost among those ills that currently ravage society. For without such impartial investigation, it is impossible for civilization to progress beyond the prejudices and passions that contribute to the disintegration of the social order.

While the importance of finding truth might be self-evident in the arena of science--or even in daily political, economic, and social interactions--the need for an impartial investigation of truth is particularly vital when considering the issue of religion. This is because religion provides the foundation for individual and collective development. Yet, for the most part, children unquestioningly embrace the religion of their parents. The proliferation of various sects and denominations, as well as the record of harm inflicted in the name of God, are sufficient to demonstrate that this blind acceptance leads to the dissemination of superstition along with any truth passed on in the name of religion.

The impartial investigation of truth depends upon the effort and pure qualities of the seeker. Only in this way can the individual attain to the true knowledge of God.'

Greetings Sis. Kaya,

My quest for truth has lead I beyond the bible; truth of self, truth of mission, truth of destiny, truth of God.

I see the bible as an interpolation. Do not forget that Jesus was given official status 325 after his appearance. Every Manifestation of the Great I AM have faced rejection and scorn. The people who profess to be lovers of Jesus and his word would defintely not recognize him if he were to walk in their midst today.

The story/life of Jesus, as we know it, is an interpolation. A substite. A switch. Sometimes we get so bogged down studying the bible that we fail to see, through InI Far I/Third Eye, glimpses of truth; the divine presence of the Great Spirit/Source, intuition.

Yes I read all of the scriptures quoted by the Sister, and I remain staunch in I stance, that Jesus never meant his person, but through the higher self, the christ-consciousness that lies in everyone of InI. He exhorted InI to develop this higher self in order to attain true freedom/salvation.

Have de I ever really studied InI indigenous African life, symbolized by rituals. Rituals that reflected InI close connection to the Great One, the spirit/force/element who sustains and unifies every living being, be animal, plant, mineral or human life force? I take it de I is aware that such indigenous life was, and still is deemed as pagan, in the eyes of the followers of Lord Jesus.

InI were taught that indigenous life was 'evil', 'pagan', 'evil-worshipping', etc, and instead, InI were christianized and taught to place InI burdens, hope, trust and faith in this one man, Jesus. By placing 'verything' upon this man, InI forsook InI responsibilities and virtually lost all personal contact and connection with the Source of life. I think it is time for InI to reclaim that right and privilege to the Sustainer of life, don't you think so?

'It behoves us all to be lovers of truth. Let us seek her in every season and in every country, being careful never to attach ourselves to personalities. Let us see the light wherever it shines, and may we be enabled to recognize the light of truth no matter where it may arise. Let us inhale hte perfume of the rose from the midst of thorns which surround it; let us drink the running water from every pure spring.'

Let Rastafari be praised!

Sis. Sera'el

Messages In This Thread

HEAR SELASSIE SPEAK
Re: HEAR SELASSIE SPEAK ALL DE TIME!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com