AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: To everything, turn...
In Response To: Re: To everything, turn... ()

My favorite politically incorrect comedian made a comment that ones acceptance of ones’ own mortality is a direct consequence of ones’ level of spirituality.

I suppose spirituality is as good a description as any; but if the spirit is directly related to the soul what does that say about those who cannot or have not come to terms with death as an unavoidable part of life? Death visited early and often in my life, so we have come to know each other very well.

Could it be that a fear of death is a direct result of ones level of religiosity?

Maybe it is a belief in one or all of the chosen-ism ideology which permeates religion that renders something as natural as death, incomprehensible. Maybe someone who is afraid of death has not found something/someone to die for nor have lived enough to discover nothing to live for? Jesus did say: “whoever discovers the world has discovered a carcass…”

Is this the consciousness which separates heroes/avatars from ordinary men?

A mother who has lost a child to death must surely have made contact with that realm of consciousness, likewise those who experience true love; if death is the acceptable end for those we love, what prevents us from accepting our own inevitability?

Unless of course we’ve become so immersed in an ego driven, preferential religious ideology, that teaches us we are special. Or we are so caught up in ourselves that our self-absorption has become our religion.

It would be simple minded of me to believe there are humans without a “soul” or “spirit” when it is much more likely that they have not put in the time nor the work required to attain that level of consciousness.

Messages In This Thread

Sooner than Later *NM* *LINK*
Re: Sooner than Later
360 on the job *NM*
agreed but...
Re: agreed but... *LINK*
Food Sovereignty: A New Model for a Human Right *NM* *LINK*
word/power *NM*
"greendom"
kicking and screaming...
Re: kicking and screaming...
in other words...
Thanks for the clarity
Quick food 4 thought :0p
To everything, turn...
I will respond...

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com