AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: Jah Rastafari in thre persons

Greetings BOBO Kwame

I hope that this finds the I in good health

So into the reasoning;

Bredrin I have to make some observations to some of the points raised by the I:

Based upon my 'standing of history there has been many Emperor's and Empresses of Ethiopia, but yet (as according to the biblical tradition) the emphasis was always placed upon H.I.M. Selassie I! I am aware that previous rulers such as Menelik and Kassa Hailu, who became Emperor Tewodros II, and also Ras Gobena (earlier Dejazmach Gobena)who helped Menelik II all of them did works (some good and some bad) but as I previously said, it's the ideas and not the personality which is important!

I agree that Aethiopia is indeed the Africa we know today, but even in times of old the continent was divided, from the Arabs who over took Egypt and North Africa including Libya Algeria Morocco and Tunisia etc to the Nubian territory's south of the Sahara. The colonials merely exploited the 'religious division' and replaced it with a political and social system that has been systematic in robbing the people of their culture and heritage. I agree with your statement that RastafarI as a movement has attempted to break down the barriers, but even still, the issues still remain and if anything continue to get worse.

With the likes of Robert Mugabe and his fiends from next door, I cannot see how the everyday common people can get redemption/salvation and therein lies a problem, man7y of the Africans (who are in power) are corrupt, they have chosen the ways of the oppressor and become seduced by the vanity of the system! One only has to look in SOWETO and other places within the liberated Africa to see that for the majority things have got worse in real terms. what makes it worse is because the people who are still inflicting misery are their own people Look at Sierra Leone Darfur, Rwanda and Democratic Republic of the Congo. That can't be right! But that is how the system functions!

Re High Priest Emmanu-el!
Bredrin I would make it clear that whosoever a one wants to hail is entirely up to them. However re the points you make I would like to touch upon the following;
The fact that Charles Edwards has no birth certificate is not a mystical issue. there are many people in rural areas in lots of countries who do not have birth certificates, (I recently heard that Akon was saying he did not have his birth documentation at hand)! From not having a birth certificate to saying that you were born without mother and father is a huge
leap in the dark, especially as (I stated earlier) Melchizedek had his mother and father, H.I.M. Selassie I had his Mother and father, even Jesus had a mother (and father) So how this man just appeared is stretching credibility a little too far - I am not saying that he may not have had high insight and knowledge , but within the the matereal prison where we are right now, that theory of just appearing out of nowhere simply just doesn't stand up!

Marcus Garvey was indeed a man of significance he realised that in combination with a spiritual reawakening there had to be a a tangible (material) process to enable the level playing field! The system although it has been all powerful, it still had fundamental flaws, and it was one of these flaws within the system that Garvey was able to expose. I do not have any big issues with Garvey, as he was indeed a man of his time, and his work has contributed to the weakening of the system! However the danger in the vision of Garvey is the same thing I alluded to within the second paragraph, namely that the system has infiltrated Africa, the promised land has been compromised by the corruptive influences, by that I mean the African has succumbed to the religious/political influence of the system. Where as Garvey rightly preached the return home of the captives (which was right for the time)
the system has moved on since then and the corrupting influence of materialism has taken deep hold. The issue here is the concept of homeland, Homeland is very important, that is true, but only when one applies the rationale of the system, I seem to recall the elders saying that the earth is the Lord' to the fullness thereof ! which literally meant hat the whole planet was there for the use of man and they were free to roam where they wanted! However I will concede that view as being replaced over the millenia by the material concept of religion as pushed by system!

I strongly believe that this matereal stage we are passing through is just that, a passing through stage! However, the powers that be have conspired to trick the majority into thinking that this is indeed the only consciousness we will experience, The body is a vehicle (temple) transporting us through this reality, the way we live I do not believe is the correct way we should be living but as a consequence of the work of ages that has been undertaken by the system, our spiritual side has become so repressed that many choose to accept the nonsense they are told without question! But again that is the way of the system how it controls people!

Kind regards

Knowledge

Messages In This Thread

Jah Rastafari in thre persons
The mystery can be explained... *LINK*
Re: The mystery can be explained... *LINK*
Re: The mystery can be explained...

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com