Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Mother Nature Rules In California *LINK*

Blessings Baba,
I sight the point about Mother Nature and Father Time and I think that it is worth noting the role that humans are thought to have played in this situation. It seems that this is a specific example of humans trying to control a natural phenomenon, in this case fire. The result is Mother Nature demonstrating that her Powers are beyond human control. Humans should take such examples to heart. She will alter her winds and allow for the fires to die when she sees fit.
Also worth noting, is that this is an opportunity for Africans born in Amerikkka to see how the Federal government responds to this as compared to Katrina. As Bush said, ones and ones "care deeply about" the people of Southern California. And as Kanye said.......

At least two of the wildfires that have devastated southern California may have been deliberately set by arsonists, police believe.

Officers identified two suspects yesterday, shooting and killing one of them after a high-speed chase into the foothills near San Bernardino, southern California.

The 27-year-old man was spotted behaving suspiciously in the scrub behind near California State University, San Bernardino before he fled from police and jumped into a car. He tried to ram police vehicles twice, prompting officers to open fire. He was killed in the second volley of shots.

A second man was arrested in Hesperia, also in San Bernardino county, on suspicion of setting a brush fire.

In Orange County, police say they are certain that a fire that destroyed nine homes was man-made. Jim Amormino, of the Orange County Sheriff's Department, said: "It's definitely arson and it's been deemed a crime scene." Investigators from the FBI were called in to inspect three different ignition points.

Another blaze, in Temecula, is also being treated as suspicious, according to the Los Angeles Times. At least three of the 12 fires have been blamed on sparks from fallen power lines.

President Bush, who is scheduled to tour the fire-ravaged area today, formally declared California a disaster zone yesterday. The measure expands on his announcement of federal aid on Tuesday, and paves the way for more federal funds to boost the relief effort.

“Most importantly, I want the people in southern California to know that Americans all across this land care deeply about them,” the President said.

Easing winds offered Californian fire fighters some respite today as they battled to contain blazes that have killed at least three and caused more than a billion dollars in property damage.

Some 1,700 buildings have been destroyed in the 18 wildfires that have erupted since Sunday, forcing about half a million people to flee their homes and scorching 172,000 hectares (426,000 acres) of tinder-dry countryside stretching from celebrity-studded Malibu to beyond the Mexican border.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, the California Governor, said that three people were killed and 40 injured in the fires, the worst to hit California since devastating 2003 blazes which claimed 22 lives.

The fast-spreading infernos were fanned by powerful desert winds gusting across the region towards the ocean. The winds began to die down on Wednesday, and increased coastal humidity early Thursday enabled fire fighters to make great strides in containing three of the five biggest blazes.

So far 1,664 structures, including 1,436 homes, have been destroyed while a further 25,000 buildings remained threatened, Schwarzenegger said.

"The wind stopped blowing and that made our lives a lot easier,” said a Los Angeles County Fire Department official tackling the Buckweed fire, which charred 15,000 hectares before it was contained on Wednesday night.

The two biggest California fires, covering around 108,000 hectares of San Diego County, were both only 10 per cent contained.

Some 8,900 fire fighters - including 2,600 prison inmates trained to tackle fires - are battling the flames supported by 90 fire-fighting aircraft, including a DC-10, 25 air tankers and 40 helicopters.

Schwarzenegger, who described the destruction as “terrible and tragic,” paid tribute to the weary fire fighters. “They are really extraordinary, they are working 24 hours a day, around-the-clock. In fact many of them have been working 36 or 48 hours without stopping,” he said.

Lesley Kirk, a spokeswoman for San Diego County, told Agence France Presse that the total cost of fire damage had exceeded $1 billion dollars and was expected to go higher.

The bulk of the hundreds of thousands of evacuations have taken place in San Diego. Some 318,000 households had been ordered to evacuate. The number of displaced people in the area is estimated to be 500,000.

A spokeswoman from the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services said officials expected the numbers of displaced people to be “significantly higher” than 500,000 but would not give an estimate.

By late Wednesday, 5,000 evacuees remained in San Diego’s Qualcomm Stadium, down from 12,000 who had spent the night at the site on Tuesday.

Some evacuees were allowed to return to their destroyed homes in order to retrieve possessions. In the San Diego suburb of Rancho Bernardo, where more than 600 homes were destroyed, Mark Davis returned to find a charred ruin. “We kind of thought when we left it did not have much of a chance,” said Mr Davis, who fled his home of 28 years on Monday after awaking to smoke and flames outside.

Mr Schwarzenegger pledged support to help families and home-owners rebuild their shattered lives. “It is a tragedy to think about people saving up all of their lives and working hard, they buy a home and become part of the American dream and lose it within an hour,” he said.

Malibu’s evacuees were given the green light to return home as officials confirmed that a 1,800 hectare blaze near the Pacific Ocean seaside enclave had been snuffed out.

A spokesman for the Mexico consulate in San Diego meanwhile confirmed six people had been injured, one seriously, after becoming trapped in a wildfire while trying to cross the border into California early Monday.

(http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article2737976.ece)

Messages In This Thread

Why Is It the Creator Is Always Out Of Reach?
Re: Why Is It the Creator Is Always Out Of Reach?
We Must Talk To Our selves On a Daily Basis
Re: We Must Talk To Our selves On a Daily Basis
Experience teaches Wisefull
A Higher Standard Of Reasoning Is Needed Here
The Call It Land Reclaimation
Arab island resorts are reshaping geography *LINK*
Re: Arab island resorts are reshaping geography
I Do Think The Creator Controls All Manifestations
beautiful words: both your posts
Life Is Our Greatest Teacher
Re: I Do Think The Creator Controls All Manifestat
All Creatures Are Involved In The CreationProcess
Re: All Creatures Are Involved In The CreationProc
The Creator Allows What Is Done To Be Done
Re: The Creator Allows What Is Done To Be Done
Re: The Creator Allows What Is Done To Be Done
The Creative Energies Are In All Of Us
MY LORD AND EMPRESS!
Re: MY LORD AND EMPRESS!
TELL INI MEET AT NEGUS FEET!!
There Are Many More Rivers Of Knowledge To Cross
This Is a Good Time To ObserveNature
REPATRITION CALL MY BRODDAH?
Each Ofus Must Do As We Are Told
Re: REPATRITION CALL MY BRODDAH?
Africa and Africans Were Colonised
Greenland Is Melting Away According To News
Re: Greenland Is Melting Away According To News
They Refuse ToTake The Warnings Of Mother Nature
word/truth baba *NM*
Tyrants Need a Wake Up Call
Re: Tyrants Need a Wake Up Call
Let Us Stay In This African Village
No thanks, I'll pass
Re: No thanks, I'll pass
You May Have Misunderstood My Intention
Re: You May Have Misunderstood My Intention
Re: You May Have Misunderstood My Intention
Would you let Baba address my post??? *NM*
Re: Would you let Baba address my post???
Words Are Wind As Well As Two Edge Swords
Re: Words Are Wind As Well As Two Edge Swords
The People AreThe Village Not The Land
Comment to baba marcus
Disciple
Re: Comment to baba marcus
This I s a Black Forum of Reasoning
(Baba): the heart of the inquiry...please
Is Royalty a Class Structure?
Re: Is Royalty a Class Structure?
From PracticalObservation dominace will always be
Re: From PracticalObservation dominace will always
comment to selassielive
Re: comment to selassielive
Re: comment to selassielive
Ancient African Council Of Elders
Re: Ancient African Council Of Elders
Well, You Said Your Sqabbles Were Over
Re: Well, You Said Your Sqabbles Were Over
TakeThe Advice Of The Lady You Call Queen
Re: Well, You Said Your Sqabbles Were Over
Well, if I were the Elder...
What a mess...
****Seek balance bredren****
Re: ****Seek balance bredren**** *LINK*
People Can Respond To Any Post No New Rules Here
Re: People Can Respond To Any Post No New Rules He
YES, HE IS MY BROTHER...
Re: YES, HE IS MY BROTHER...
Where is YOUR self-examination/reflection???
Re: Where is YOUR self-examination/reflection???
yeah, I got your "humble apology"... *LINK*
Re: yeah, I got your "humble apology"...
Just Control Your Anger And Vexation Of Spirits ..
Where is YOUR self-examination??? *NM*
I Do My Self Examination Minute By Minute
Just In Case He Grows Taller Inside Be Ready ..
Re: Just In Case He Grows Taller Inside Be Ready .
Mother Nature Rules In California
Re: Mother Nature Rules In California *LINK*
Mother Nature And Father Time Is In Control
No One Knows What Mother Nature Will Do Or When

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com