HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

I can understand in my own way

I know to a small degree what it is like as I was beaten everyday of my life and humiliated and treated like a slave in my own home..I watched my Mother get the same treatment..There was no way to just call someone and be free of it.. I was in that bondage everyday..Then I would go to school and try to hide it all, like evrything was cool..I remember going to school with whip marks all over my arms and back and keeping my arms crossed so people coldnt see it...I couldnt understand why no one had any compassion for me..but it was because I tried to hide it always..my pride to look strong..I wanted to feel like a somebody somewhere..but because I was so thrashed at home..the bullies at school would see it and try to hit me when I was looking so vulnerable..after years of being persecuted I turned to weightlifting at a young age and had a few years where I fought back though I hated violence and realized that it was not the solution..and then I realized how strong I really was! Rastafari called I shortly after I left home..when I went to Jamaica I noticed that Rasta was not that respected by many Jamaicans..that alot of Rasta were persecuted and outcasted...I felt such a kinship with I&I connected through the sufferring..It was mutual and many brethren heard I heart and we would sit and reason and be One..there was no seperation..only God..we all shared what we had with each other.. I remember being in the getto one night and a youth was making carrot juice by grating the carrot and squeezing out the juice form the pulp..a process which took a good deal of time to mek one glass..I knew the youth had not much to eat that night and here he was giving I the glass of carrot juice!!!.. I was moved to tears ..how loving and generous a man was this!!!coming from Canada and spending time in the mountains and cities of JA with the people, I was so at home there...going home seemed more foreign!!!.well getting carried awy by memories,what I am trying to say is that Brother I hear you in the way that I am able to when I feel the pain of the ancestors going through those years of tribulations and slavery..I feel the fire and the cry for justice..I see the callous selfish opressor in his sickly contempt..Lord brother I feel you..
I know you are the courageous ancestor here to create Justice..blessed fire of the Righteous Lion be with you!! How the Righteous shall flourish and the noble heart of the Rastaman shall be heard and victory shall prevail for the courageous warrior of Righteousness...
Jacob~*~

Messages In This Thread

Ras Adam / Ayinde
Re: Ras Adam / Ayinde
MIXED PEOPLE
There Is No Good Reason Teach Mixed Mating
Re: There Is No Good Reason Teach Mixed Mating
Re: There Is No Good Reason Teach Mixed Mating
YES IYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *NM*
Re: ras marcus
its me again!!!
Re: its me again!!!
selamta habashani
Re: selamta habashani
YES IYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *NM*
When Wrong Is Not Corrected It remain Wrong.
I can understand in my own way
Re: I can understand in my own way
Seen
Blessed rasponse Selassielive; welcome back! *NM*
Lust and Anger
Seen Selassie I! *NM*
CURE Can Become The Instrument For Correction
Re: CURE Can Become The Instrument For Correction
Jah is the Creator
we are all one, but the dynamics are real

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com