HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Ras Adam / Ayinde

Greetings- just to clear things up from the get go, I am not Ras Adam Simeon, just another Adam posting about a conversation between Ras Adam and Ayinde ( I believe the reasoning is a couple years old). After this post, I will try and refrain from using this forum for I do not want to distract from important issues that the regular posters are talking about. My questions are more personal questions and looking for guidance from Rasta. I am a white 23 year old male that is truly and from my heart feeling a pull to the glory of H.I.M. Haile Selassie for the last few years. all long I have felt that this connection I feel to HIS MAJESTY, I have also been feeling personal confliction with the race issues. The more I learn, the more I learn the importance of understanding that as I white person, I must show the utmost of respect to the Black/african world throughout my trod in Rasta. I truly feel that I am meant to follow Rasta and I will never abandon that, but I know that if I am truly commited to Rasta I must plunge myslef into the uglyness that my race harbors ( and look into myslef every day) and make sure that I am part of the solution, not just contributing to the problem. So, the reasoning that I mentioned in the begenning, I think Ras Adam's first post was titled "Race mixing to help end racism" or something like that. After readinng all of the posts, I feel I learned from both views. As a white, I understand how Ras Adam feels, but the more I read, the more I felt like Ayinde had stonger points.(Not trying to show disrespect to either people,just a third person view.) I personaly would definately love a world of "one love" and unity, but I also feel like it would be a great tragedy to "mix our races" until we are all grey. I promise that this next comment is honest and not just trying to kiss ass, but i honestly, as a white person, have always felt my whole life that black perople just seemed more real, more compassionate, and more...again I'll say REAL. So from this feeling, I feel like it is my responsibility as a white interested in the Rasta faith to understand/respect the black perspective and I guess I just wanted to get perspective from any of you on how I should go about this for the rest of my life. I hope my words dont ramble too much and I truly appreciate any responses. Thanks and blessings,
Adam

Messages In This Thread

Ras Adam / Ayinde
Re: Ras Adam / Ayinde
MIXED PEOPLE
There Is No Good Reason Teach Mixed Mating
Re: There Is No Good Reason Teach Mixed Mating
Re: There Is No Good Reason Teach Mixed Mating
YES IYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *NM*
Re: ras marcus
its me again!!!
Re: its me again!!!
selamta habashani
Re: selamta habashani
YES IYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *NM*
When Wrong Is Not Corrected It remain Wrong.
I can understand in my own way
Re: I can understand in my own way
Seen
Blessed rasponse Selassielive; welcome back! *NM*
Lust and Anger
Seen Selassie I! *NM*
CURE Can Become The Instrument For Correction
Re: CURE Can Become The Instrument For Correction
Jah is the Creator
we are all one, but the dynamics are real

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com