Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Honesty in reasoning
In Response To: Honesty in reasoning ()

Honour

To misrepresent what someone says, to deliberately twist the meaning of what someone says is also disrespect.

When you twist what another is saying, you are desecrating thier word. And, after the perspective that a person presents has been distorted, is the thing being dealt with still the true perspective or is it a lie?

I say it is a lie, and one that was given life by the person who warped the word of another.

It is deceptive IF one knowingly twists the meaning of what another is saying. It is sly and dishonourable because what that shows, when it happens, is that this perspective-twister has no idea what he is talking about; he does'nt know enough about what he is disagreeing with and he does not care to know.

It could be said then that this twister is mainly about disagreeing with ANYTHING the presumed antagonist will say.

Which is sly because often, this attitude comes from something that was said before, something that has undermined a cherished ideal, an ideal tarnished by a word the antagonist brought to the table. But, the one who has now declared a silent war has got no weapons with which the precious ideal can be defended; there is no ideology to support what has been exposed as idiot-logics. So, total war is declared. Silently. The battlefield will be every (and any) thing the antagonist brings foward. There will be no agreement acknowledged even when the postulates are in accord. That is why this particular type of warfare is dishonourable. The first victim is truth. Truth can no longer be freely expressed because, for as long as it is the 'wrong' person saying it, this truth will be attacked.

Where is the respect in that attitude? How does it indicate a better spirit within than that possessed by one who just straight-up says "I find you extremely offensive and I will never get along with you."?

Reasoning is suppossed to a process through which a line of thought gets developed. One might be on the right track while the other is on the wrong track. Then, positions may reverse. This is where honesty becomes paramount. Honesty with one's self and honesty with the other's involved in the reasoning. The neccesity of this is what I alluded to in the 'universal truth' post. I will re-post the relevant section here :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------

Truth is made from 3 components.
Two people each have 3 things which they believe to be these components.
Of these, there is 1 thing that both hold in common (as truth).

Of the 3 things each person believes, 2 are true.
As stated before, 1 truth is shared.
Which means 1 truth is unique to each person.

This means that each person believes in 1 lie.
Each person also thinks that the other believes in 2 lies.

Then, there is the third person who also has 3 things in his possession that he calls the 3 components of Truth.
But every single one of them is a lie.

If this third person is one who realises his error early and accepts it, he can make the world work for him.

Because while the others hold each other in mutual mistrust/disdain because of THIER 2 lies, they cannot/will not let go of each other because of the 1 truth they have in common. That truth binds them, while the lie that each holds on to, hobbles them.

So, the one who has cheerfully accepted that he has nothing to do with Truth, simply gets on with life. He feeds, and he excretes, then he feeds some more, and excretes some more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------

Yes. I am one who will ridicule a person that I recognise as coming from the house of lies. This person, by selling themselves to perversion have showed that they have no self-respect. Why should I respect them? What is there to respect?

Messages In This Thread

Honesty in reasoning
Re: Honesty in reasoning *LINK*
Re: sorry we lost Ras forever
Sorry you lost your mind!
Re: Sorry you lost your mind!
Express yourself
Re: Express yourself
Sincerity
Re: Sincerity

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com