HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Honesty in reasoning
In Response To: Re: Honesty in reasoning ()

Honour

What is clear to see is, some are caught in a contradiction between what they claim to know and how they are conditioned (by internal as well as external forces) to react when confronted with certain situations.

Yes : Rather than address the part of thier conditioning that is responsible for them going in opposition of what they claim to stand for, they will attack whoever exposes thier contradiction. If one claims to know that nobody is perfect, then why take offence when YOUR imperfections are exposed? Personally, I appreciate anyone who can show me my errors. Rather than allowing an obsession with 'respect' to cripple the mind, it would be better if one pays more attention to the task of correcting those flaws in perspective that are allowing the existence of a contradiction.

To do otherwise is to live as a hypocrite.

I have asked the ones who seek to offer me correction to come with specific instances where I have knowingly (or unknowingly) misrepresented a fact (or my position). So far, nothing, just the same lyrics. 'You are insulting when a person does'nt agree with you'. Who are these people whose defence they are now so eager to take up and why did they not speak then? Why did they not speak when the ones they are now so CONcerned with initiated the exchange that led to what they now call my 'disrespectful/insulting way of speaking'? And, have they themselves ALWAYS spoken 'respectfully' to EVERYbody?

As I noticed (and as you pointed out), the whole colourism reasoning had nothing to do with the issue under discussion, there was no difference between the original statement and what the person arguing fervently against it claimed to stand for. Which could only mean one of two things, either he (Selassielive) has been misrepresenting his foundation incepts, or the reasoning is simply being used as an opportunity to express personal animosity.

I am no 'white' man who smiles and sticks you with a knife. I am no considerate vampire who will ask your permission before he drains your blood. And I am definitely no two-faced person who twists words, desecrates thier intent and then ends with a polite farewell. I will not fake respect where there is none, and I do not seek the approval of people whose idiot-logics is oppossed to what I know to be neccesary. And yes, I can have a FIRM view of what I know to be neccesary. That some light-weight feels worried about the implications should one like me ever 'be in charge' is of no importance to me. My views are mine and I will stand by them, who does'nt like it, well, there's a big desert in Namibia and he can go build his new world hut in the middle of it.

Other than that, as the saying goes, "it's ALL good".

Messages In This Thread

Honesty in reasoning
Re: Honesty in reasoning *LINK*
Re: sorry we lost Ras forever
Sorry you lost your mind!
Re: Sorry you lost your mind!
Express yourself
Re: Express yourself
Sincerity
Re: Sincerity

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com