HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Honesty in reasoning
In Response To: Re: Honesty in reasoning ()

Greetings Eja

"It is deceptive IF one knowingly twists the meaning of what another is saying. It is sly and dishonourable because what that shows, when it happens, is that this perspective-twister has no idea what he is talking about; he does'nt know enough about what he is disagreeing with and he does not care to know. "

I agree with that assessment. 'IF' is the key word here.

But just because someone says that their words were distorted, that doesnt make it so. When someone thinks they have absolute truth, then nothing anyone says is going to suit them, hence that person will either be accused of being ignorant/ill equipped or distracting/distorting the topic.

I think some needs to come of their high horse and realeyes that their word is not absolute.

I have no problem admitting my errors on this forum.

The one who likes to pull up past reasonings might be able to find an instance or two when I have apologized for a mistake.

But there are some who I have never seen admit that they were wrong or misrepresented something erroneously.

The only thing I can say is: 1) either that person is never wrong; or 2) he/she is not humble enough to admit it.

If someone disagrees with what someone says, that is fine. One does not have to insult nor ban someone because of it.

I have seen people banned for using less abusive language and insults that you have Eja. It is funny that you are still here on this forum. Obviously you know someone high up.

The sad thing is that you dont have to resort to insults.

You have sound reasonings so you should let your reasonings speak for you.

They can either take it, or leave it.

So it goes with Iman.

“One should examine oneself for a very long time before thinking of condemning others”

Peace

Messages In This Thread

Honesty in reasoning
Re: Honesty in reasoning *LINK*
Re: sorry we lost Ras forever
Sorry you lost your mind!
Re: Sorry you lost your mind!
Express yourself
Re: Express yourself
Sincerity
Re: Sincerity

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com