Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Dr Kaunda Was There In The Struggle He Knows

OK, let's see.

I am apprehensive about Tsvangirai, because my personal fear is that all the attention he is getting will get to his head- and he will become another Mugabe. I do give him respect for being bold enough to be in the forefront of opposition politics. It is not the same as in the West, where the worst your opponents will do to you is embark on a smear campaign.

There are many other brilliant politicians around, even within ZANU.

MDC party is financed by a lot of people, including the Nigerian government. ZANU PF was funded during the liberation struggle by the CIA and MI5, among others. At Independence, they also got money from Tiny Rawlings, who boasted that he can buy any African President. Today, other financiers include John Bredenkamp and Rautenbach, white Zimbabweans who are using the country as a base for their forays in to the Congo. Remember the story of the Guinea coup plot? Some overzealous official uncovered that, but word around the campfire is that that sort of thing is happening. Bredenkamp is an arms dealer.

Tell you what, I don't believe that the CIA and MI5 are out to remove Mugabe. My own analysis suggests that they only want to create turmoil so that they can put in their own choice. I know his name, he is a Rhodes scholar and a friend of the Clintons. Tsvangirai is being, in my view, set up to fail, so that the Zimbabwean people lose faith in their own choice and will not resist such a blatant imposition. You may gabble on, posting article after article from non-Zimbabwean sources, and I do laugh at the fact that you really haven't got a clue. What upsets me is that you are ready to make excuses for a government that has brought misery to Black people and then claim that you are for Black people. The fact that you people have problems with free and fair elections does not mitigate the situation in Zimbabwe. You may tolerate it there, but I believe that Zimbabwe deserves better.

One may compare Mugabe to other African leaders who sort of lost the plot, like Idi Amin, a founding father of the OAU. But Idi Amin was an illiterate bully. Mugabe has all these degrees. What is his excuse?

The fact remains, that Mugabe's economic policies have wrought suffering, whatever his intentions. We should be allowed to sack him, and try someone else, and sack that someone when they start to fail. It is called democracy. A far better alternative than this 1984 style regime, where freedoms are going, an unseen enemy is out there and things are supposedly getting better all the time.

Call Mugabe your hero, but that is the quickest way towards losing your reputation. I am totally against cult personalities- all these people, Garvey etc, they were not as perfect as all the glory about them would suggest. And they are gone, it is a different world now. But some things remain, Africa the richest continent is peopled by the poorest in the world. We who gave birth to human values and norms are today the victims of every atrocity man is capable of. We who created religions are today under reactionary burdens.

Enough with the hero-worshipping. Let's get to work.

Messages In This Thread

Blair is More of a Devil Than Mugabe *LINK*
Excellent Post! *NM*
“Tsvangirai's big head has no sanity” - Mugabe
Re: “Tsvangirai's big head has no sanity” - Mugabe
Dr Kaunda Was There In The Struggle He Knows
Re: Dr Kaunda Was There In The Struggle He Knows *LINK*
Re: Dr Kaunda Was There In The Struggle He Knows *NM*
Re: Blair is More of a Devil Than Mugabe
Duh!
Re: Duh!
You're right
One Zimbabwe or Another
Re: Blair is More of a Devil Than Mugabe

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com