HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Excellent Insight Thanks
In Response To: Re: Excellent Insight Thanks ()

Greetings Ayinde,

I don't think hostile is a correct representation, of my actions towards you, your views, or those who agree w/ your views.

In regards to showing up/provoking Gman, I'm not here to show up or provoke people.

How can I misrepresent your views when your views are written for all to see - as are everyone else's? The only view that you and I are in disagreement in is 'colorism' - and it is not so much my disagreeing with your view - its the approach that I disagree with.

I think that it is really unfortunate that you persist in using words like hostile - in describing my interaction w/ you or other moderators. But as you said - it is your view.

In respect to the thread that you mentioned - Gman suggested that I was ridiculous, because I did not think it was appropriate for Oshun Auset to say in no uncertain terms that 'most african leaders are pigs', w/ no clarification of the context. I took issue w/ that, no one else seemed to think it was insulting, or that it was worth discussing. My opinion of Gman changed during that exchange. Sure at one point, I respected and to some degree admired Gman's stance on many issues - whereas, I may still respect his stance on issues - I do not respect him personally, based on that exchange.

I still do not judge him by his light skin. I judged him recently on his attempts to personalize a debate around me, instead of the bigger picture of calling african leaders pigs. My reference to him being a white boy, was not solely because he is light skinned, but due to my perceiving him acting like a white boy - namely 'defending' what I perceived to be a very derogatory term made against a whole race of African people.

I have participated in the colorism debate many times before - just because one does not agree with your position, does not mean they(I) am trying to discredit it.

As it relates to colorism - and my attitude about addressing it, being a dark skin African myself, I still hold the position that, colorism is but one of many issues that Black people throughout the world have to address. In my opinion though, it is not the primary issue. If I had to prioritize all of the challenges that black people face globally - colorism would not be one of the 'top-ten.'

Thats just me though, every one picks issues that they champion to eradicate; mine being HIV prevention, global/local poverty/equity issues, and most recently local education and incarceration rates and legal issues regarding black people in US prisons.

Messages In This Thread

Some Observations and Thoughts
Re: Some Observations and Thoughts
"personal playground"
I respectfully and patiently await your response..
truth, but my question is...
Re: truth, but my question is...
simon I
WHEN THE I's GONNA TAKE THIS TO THE NEXT LEVEL'S?
Re: WHEN THE I's GONNA TAKE THIS TO THE NEXT LEVEL
word/power to the acknowledgment, rasi *NM*
Since 2002 you mean. *NM*
Re: Since 2002 you mean.
Re: Addressing Istory on the Speaks
Re: Addressing Istory on the Speaks
Thank you Ayinde *NM*
Just a "holla"
Thank you *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com