Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Some Observations and Thoughts

In response to: “Ayinde: black america...where do we go from here?”
http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/config.pl?read=103974

More Americans should all be researching, reasoning and getting involved in social activities geared towards improving conduct, starting with their own.

Awareness of history is supposed to help improve conduct and helps alleviate the need to only point fingers at others for doing things that even we ourselves are doing badly. If you see others do things badly, then why not ensure that you are not guilty of the same conduct. In fact, once one sees poor conduct in others, yet continues to repeat that behavior, it eventually becomes one's own personal hell.

There are many who feel if they were the president of the US, they would be different from Obama. Obama is not much different than most people who claim to be opposed to many wrongs. They can see some of the wrongs but are clueless about how to act to change things. The problem with many people is they do not see their own selves and poor conduct, and when it is exposed they get too defensive to comprehend what is being explained. They are resistant to changing their bad ways but want everyone else to change to suit them.

Many people, including many poor people, if they had the means, would do like most US presidents: pronounce in the name of God human rights and the wrongs in the world, especially of murder; kill innocent people in defense of ‘egos’ and greed, then carry on as if their conduct is a right and an exception.

What makes people so susceptible to dishonesty and other false sense of self-serving actions? The answer is the many issues that some of you speak about on this board, but most importantly, their lack of knowledge of Self. I know many others say this too but I believe they too DO NOT get it. Even among the many people who speak out on issues, I feel that most are not much better in terms of their own conduct.

People all over have to work on improving themselves to the point that they can realize themselves as THE revolution.

That is why I emphasize this revolution is first a personal journey where people develop insights and courage among other qualities and, most importantly, character. The long-lasting external change would be in relation to how many people are developing Self consciousness.

It is either there is a movement of sheep with a shepherd or a movement of shepherds (people who can be guided by our common essence) who need not be aware of each other all at once.

Here is something for consideration: If people are really Self conscious they would automatically be organized for global change so all they need to do is their best in whatever activities and wherever they are in the world. They would all be in harmony with universal principles and forces (although at different stages and to different degrees) while conscious of this revolutionary change and their roles within.

Of course, I understand that much of what I am saying is easier said than done, but that is the nature of the work ahead.

Messages In This Thread

Some Observations and Thoughts
"personal playground"
I respectfully and patiently await your response..
truth, but my question is...
Re: truth, but my question is...
simon I
WHEN THE I's GONNA TAKE THIS TO THE NEXT LEVEL'S?
Re: WHEN THE I's GONNA TAKE THIS TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Re: Excellent Insight Thanks
word/power to the acknowledgment, rasi *NM*
Since 2002 you mean. *NM*
Re: Since 2002 you mean.
Re: Addressing Istory on the Speaks
Re: Addressing Istory on the Speaks
Thank you Ayinde *NM*
Just a "holla"
Thank you *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com