Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Evolution is a Fact and a Theory

Greetings Paul

Yes it is a good idea to review how this discussion got to this point.

In my third contribution to this thread I took the opportunity to start developing the point that it is quite possible to experience natural phenomenon without considering any scientific explanations.

You then made the following statement ‘I get a little concerned with what I percieve to be a line that is being drawn between scientists and mystics’.

Since you made this statement I have been trying to obtain from you further clarification on what you mean by a mystic.

From your own admission you explained that your definition and interpretation of a mystic resulted in you arriving at cynical conclusions.

My aim is not to prove you wrong. I have been asking you questions with the view of learning more about the life experiences that you have had, the interpretations that you have associated with these experiences and the conclusions that you have arrived at. This is one of the many processes that I utilize to learn more about my environment.

I believe that it is your right to have whatever view of the world that you choose once you do not infringe on the rights of others to do the same.

In addition my aim has not been to blunt your cynicism. I also believe that it is your right to choose to remain cynical or to choose to change the way that you view the world.

I am on a quest to learn more about the universe and as I make this journey I am thankful when any human being take the time to share his or her experiences with me because this helps me to better overstand the subtle processes that govern the functioning of the universe.

By freely sharing your ideas with me you have already contributed to my understanding of the world, so it is not necessary for me to start making demands on you by insisting that you change your worldview.

From my life experiences and interpretation of the world I truly believe that your definition of a mystic can be applied to any human being.

In addition I have had plenty life experiences that in my view are not well described or explained within textbooks or journals. Therefore I am speaking from personal experience when I state that there are real experiences that are also well ordered, but which have not been properly explained in textbooks or journals.

I did not arrive at these experiences that I speak of through luck. I obtained knowledge of many experiences that in my view are not well explained in textbooks through very deliberate and well ordered processes and I had to learn these methods just as you may have spent lots of time learning about the scientific method.

Messages In This Thread

How you see Genesis?
Re: How you see Genesis?
Evolution and Religion FAQ
Evolution is a Fact and a Theory
Re: How you see The Holy Bible?
He hee ya Peter was one for victory!
Re: He hee ya Peter was one for victory!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com