Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Evolution is a Fact and a Theory

Greetings Nubian

I agree with the improved definition of genesis given by Kelly. I believe that it is a very good practice for me to change and improve my definition of things when I am exposed to new experiences and better overstandings.

In the time when the bible was being written genetic processes were not being explained in the way that modern scientists do today. Therefore I find it very useful to include modern explanations of genetics when I think of the beginning and the things that have happened to produce the world, as we know it today.

I believe that the process of gathering reliable information and generating better explanations of things can be defined as mental evolution or an evolution in thought. A good example of this is the way that you have included the statements that I made about a nucleus to better explain structures in human societies. I had never considered comparing the nucleus of cells to governments or leaders in human societies, so thanks for the suggestion.

I personally find the process of improving the explanation of things to be very exciting, so I have spent lots of time trying to ensure that I engage this process in the best possible way and I always scrutinize and test all information that comes to my mind regardless of whether this information is from new or old experiences.

An explanation of the nucleus of cells can be obtained from the following link.
http://gened.emc.maricopa.edu/bio/bio181/BIOBK/BioBookCELL2.html#The%20nucleus

Also a basic explanation of the structure of atoms can be obtained from the following links.
http://education.jlab.org/atomtour/
http://education.jlab.org/atomtour/listofparticles.html
http://howstuffworks.lycos.com/atom.htm

You also asked ‘One question, do scientists agree that the energy found within atoms is the same as in the cosmos?’

Before I answer your question let me first explain that science has so far shown that all material things are made up of different types of atoms. Examples of material things are air, tables, mountains etc. In addition science has been able to show that all atoms are made up of the same basic materials namely electrons, protons and neutrons, so by extension all material things are made up of the same basic particles.

Science has been able to identify different types of energies for example magnetic fields, electric fields, gravitational fields and light rays, but science has not been able to show that these different expressions of energy are all derived from a basic energy system. A relationship has been shown between electric fields, magnetic fields and light and this is called electromagnetic theory. Many scientists including Einstein have tried, but failed to show a clear relationship between electric fields, magnetic fields, light, and gravitational fields. There are probably many other types of energies apart from the four that I have listed above, for example, the strong force that is necessary to hold an atomic nucleus together.

Now to answer your question I will say yes electric fields, magnetic fields, light and gravitational fields have been identified within atoms and also within systems in the wider universe. However science is yet to identify one basic type of energy that can be used to construct all the known expressions of energies.

Messages In This Thread

How you see Genesis?
Re: How you see Genesis?
Evolution and Religion FAQ
Evolution is a Fact and a Theory
Re: How you see The Holy Bible?
He hee ya Peter was one for victory!
Re: He hee ya Peter was one for victory!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com