Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Evolution is a Fact and a Theory

Greetings Peter,

and apologies to others who may be wondering what our little contribution to this thread has to do with its original topic.

How do I know indeed. There are two answers to this question. The first, and fairly obvious one, is that I know in the same way that I 'know' what anyone is thinking in any situation, by listening to what they say, and observing what they do. On this basis, and granted my sample of the entire human race is a woefully small one, I think I am fairly justified in stating that a vast number of people are not actively engaged in seeking an authentic experience of life. Is this meant as some form of put down, or as a poorly disguised superiority trip? No. I honestly think that it takes a large measure of luck, and grace for anyone to wake up from the illusions of babylon. I cant honestly say that I really have, I would probably say that I am half awake at best. Not everyone has the luxury to pursue a spiritual path, or the exposure to the kind of ideas that might start questioning and search for truth.

The second answer to your question is that ultimately, I dont know, indeed i cant know that others are not searching. It is at best a guess based on my experience of the behaviour of others, a notoriously unreliable method at arriving at any conclusion. I would love to be wrong about this. I would love to think that the whole world really did want to live fully. Maybe they do and it is just that this desire is chanelled into other directions. Prove me wrong Peter, or at the very least blunt my cynicism a little.

Love and repect

Paul

Messages In This Thread

How you see Genesis?
Re: How you see Genesis?
Evolution and Religion FAQ
Evolution is a Fact and a Theory
Re: How you see The Holy Bible?
He hee ya Peter was one for victory!
Re: He hee ya Peter was one for victory!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com