HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: dissing the pope is not 'bigotry'

I get your point. I don't really single out the pope or the RC church in particular, I condemn all of babylon, all downpression. But if you look at things in a symbolic sense, the pope symbolizes the european hi-jacking of Christianity, as the first one to 'officially' twist Christ's teachings to justify downpression, hence the predecessor of all the subsequent twistings by king james, calvinists, baptist, evangelicals, etc. Also, I see twin enemies in the church and the state, the church is to control your mind/spirit and the state is to control you physically. The papacy is a synthesis of both, as the pope is both a religious and a political leader. So the pope is a potent symbol of everything that is wrong with babylon. He is not THE antiChrist, he's one of many, but he symbolizes them all, to I.
As far as your statement concerning rasta elders, isn't that just as much a generalization as catholic-bashing? There are always gonna be wolves, but you can't tell me every single rasta elder is a thief and a liar! Now with 'self-appointed leaders' it may be so, because when people appoint themselves 'leaders' they generally have an ulterior motive for doing so, but there are many Rasta elders who never appointed themselves as leaders, the people appointed them because they trusted them. Those who are untrustworthy will eventually prove themselves unworthy of trust and be exposed, those who are truly trustworthy will prove themselves by their actions. Time will tell, with time the wheat is always separated from the chaff.
For example, in 100 years time, we'll see how many people remember the prophet Malcolm X as opposed to the false profit Farrakunt.

Messages In This Thread

The Next Pope: Beast Watch
BEAST SWATCH
Re: BEAST SWATCH
Re: The Next Pope: Beast Watch
Re: Scattering Seed
Re: Banana:Scattering Seed
Re: Lax way of thinking?
Re: Lax way of thinking?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com