HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: dissing the pope is not 'bigotry'

You write basically sensible words. My only point of contention is how you single out the RC church. All of the things you say about the Roman Catholic power structure is also true of every large organization I know of. Governments, all of them, in proportion to the power they wield, are similar, as are big corporations and religious organizations. All of them, without exception. "Power corrupts", etc.,is universally true. The Italians were the modern invaders of Ethiopia, not the Vatican, but they were not as bad as the Portugese in Africa, the Belgians, and others, most especially the Arabs, who were the main slavers for most of African history. Why single out anyone? The catholics were not alone in blessing the slave traders. The Muslims did also, and STILL DO in places like Somalia, where lighter skinned Muslims enslave darker skinned animists and Christians, even today. And those King James quoting Calvinists make the Papacy look very good in comparison. Is the present Pope more corrupt than the present government of Ethiopia? Or a dozen other African states I can name? It is easy to say that it is only the Pope that is criticized, not catholics, but that is not very different from saying you have nothing against Rastas, but think Haile Selassie was a crooked dictator. Better not to attack any flawed but significant institution like the RC church. Instead, uplift your own community. Criticizing others as devils or Babylon antichrist just makes those who do so look bad, and attracts foaming at the mouth crazies, as has been amply demonstrated on message boards that shall remain unspecified. Besides, "people who live in glass houses", etc. I know that I would not trust any of these self-appointed Rasta leaders and elders with a single dollar. They would decide that it is Jah will that they have a Mercedes. And you KNOW this is the truth. "Speak the truth and speak it ever "!

Messages In This Thread

The Next Pope: Beast Watch
BEAST SWATCH
Re: BEAST SWATCH
Re: The Next Pope: Beast Watch
Re: Scattering Seed
Re: Banana:Scattering Seed
Re: Lax way of thinking?
Re: Lax way of thinking?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com