HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Monotheism: the father of the inflated ego

P.e.a.c.e and Namaste' Isciple. i would like to highlight as well as give some feedback on what you gave for food:

"the Original Divorce was man/self from nature. What else would ones see as the source of being separated from Nature, except for the instilled teachings that de-emphasized or ignored the importance of Nature while highlighting the importance of actions at the hands of a Supreme Male. At minimum, this thinking divorces the wombmen from divine equality and since we define God with human terms, automatically we would conversely define humans (inferiorize women) with the same contrived hierarchy."

so true...its just beautiful. There is a saying " mans ideas, becomes his god". Sometimes our thoughts and actions, however wretched they would be, are wooven and combined into a "being" made up of these thoughts, but its none other than an imaginary friend, even my nephew has put away imaginary friends....come to find out their most of the time not real. The "chosen ones" of the book are the followers of that.

"There was a man called Akhenaton/Amonhotep who tried to impose this mindset upon those who sighted a wholistic divinity. Again, even though it is accurate to acknowledge the Sun as the source of life and sustenance, it is inaccurate and separatist to discount ALL of the other forces. Monotheism dogma separated the Ego from the Self...and inflated it. The thought behind a Monotheistic “being” caused man to think of God as ONE instead of ALL, without the overstanding of the relation of the number one to all."

Mmmmm, i sight the truth about what the western world termed "father of monotheism" did (they are still wrong about this isciple)....but i also sight that Amenhotep/Ankhenaten DIDNT put away ALL the other gods/laws because he still reverenced ma'at, also, i dont see the fallacy in his teaching of the unity principle/Aten, his true fallacy was the fact that this same God who he showed to the masses, was already know, but he took what he was taught in the "mystery schools" (discovery schools to be exact) and taught it to the masses, this is what i think they got angry about.Either way it was foolish what he did. yes Isciple, these "only worship my 1 true God" enthusiasts dont overstand that the number 1/one has in its bosom ALL the numbers....GREAT point.

"But what about the mindset of ONLY ONE. The ONLY ONE mindset without the overstanding of the need for another is absolutely the definition of the Ego."

i must agree with this also, for the ego also represents "I"ndividuality. a baby knows NOTHING about the ego when it is in its mothers womb, its only when we come into contact with steroetypes and social acitivities with others, that the go comes into play. I also want to add, Isciple, that we have 2 things, "self" and "truth". Self is what gives birth to self-ishness, individuality without unity, i am this and i am that. Truth is just plain ol' truth. how can "this" be mines or "that" be "mines", when...before i came into the flesh, it wasnt "mines", thus, this is how the ego is also fed. Good Post brother. i'll say more later. Salaam

Messages In This Thread

Monotheism: the father of the inflated ego
word/power/truth *NM*
Re: word/power/truth
Wow!!! intense heart/mind meditation on this
In other words
Polytheism or Pantheism? & Binary system
Re: Polytheism or Pantheism? & Binary system
Re: Wow!!! intense heart/mind meditation on this
Strength to Strength...Iron Sharpens Iron.. *NM*
You done it again..
Life = Ego?
Re: Life = Ego?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com