Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Monotheism: the father of the inflated ego

Greetings
I dont think acknowledging one source of all things is a product of ego. The word 'uni-verse' itself promotes ONE as being the source of all.

Even the Icept of infinity begins with the ONE as you stated. If one was to divide any number an infinitesimal amount of times, there will alway be ONE fragment left.

Like when the Eye of Heru was fragmented, there was ONE piece that remained hidden/missing until Djehuti used divine "magic" to resurrect the eye into fullness.

It is true that appling human overstanding to an infinite concept will leave something lacking.

I dont site monotheism as the problem. I sight as you said, man trying to lean on their own overstanding what the ONE source is and it's significance.

I will disagree with one thing you posted though:

"I can give one example of a positive egotistical action. Say a person feels that only they are strong and wise enough to outwit a lion that is wrecking havoc on a village. With noble intentions, they spring into action and use their methods to save the lives of women and children. There are many who perform such feats and are called Heros, which is a derivative of Heru. "

This is an act of self-lessness. This is love for the whole by sacrificing self. This is the opposite of an ego action in my opinion.

An ego action in that scenario would be to save self first and foremost. Positive and negative is something that may be attached to the action by people due to the outcome.

But in of itself the ego focuses on self without any moral attachment. Good or bad is not important as long as the self needs are fullfilled, which in the end....is survival.

Give thanks

Messages In This Thread

Monotheism: the father of the inflated ego
word/power/truth *NM*
Re: word/power/truth
Wow!!! intense heart/mind meditation on this
In other words
Polytheism or Pantheism? & Binary system
Re: Polytheism or Pantheism? & Binary system
Re: Wow!!! intense heart/mind meditation on this
Strength to Strength...Iron Sharpens Iron.. *NM*
You done it again..
Life = Ego?
Re: Life = Ego?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com