HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Colorism (selassielive)
In Response To: Re: Colorism (selassielive) ()

Greetings
Give thanks for the rasponse.

You sight that my reasoning were true on the surface and not beyond.

This may be accurate because the social contruct of race is superficial. Judging someone's worthiness due to color is superficial.

In my opinion, the ideals and philosophies of Afrikans should be the focus instead of their skin shade.

How many Afrikan leaders on the continent are dark skinned yet still seem to become puppet leaders and create destructive policy for Afrikan people?

Do we yet again give the power to babylon and say that they made us do it?

Pointing out that colorism exist in the black community is fine and dandy. But to go out and alienate one another because of that is playing right into the hands of the oppressor.

I DO think that we should be colorblind when it comes to black people.

Black people are the only people who comes in different hues. But yet we are still Black people.

Again, let's focus on the mentalities and philosophies of each other instead of the shades.

Babylon is not the father of the Rastafari movement. You give them too much power. Babylon bears no positive fruit...only death, destruction, confusion. Their is no divinity in Babylon. Can a lie be the father of the truth?

It is ironic indeed because I used to think like you and others are thinking now. But I realized that people are not responsible for how they were born. So I can not judge them because of that (we are not talking about bleaching skin). I used to think that all light skin people were house negros. But then I grew up. I am no longer that angry blackman that has no tolerance for others who are different...whether light skin, dark skin, handicapped, etc. (I will admit that I have a hard time accepting battyboys though). I judge a person for who they reveal themselves to be, not by who I think they are because of superficial ideals.

I follow the beat of my own drum. I always have and I will continue to do so.

I pray that you will do the same.

I would like to know what are all the benefits of Babylon that light skin blacks receive and if they are truly beneficial to them?

If not, why would darker people have a big problem not being a part of their mess?

Rastafari wants to leave Babylon anyway.

They will never admit that we are the original root of civilization and human life as we know it...whether light skin or dark skin.

Peace

P.S: I posted from an Azanian website about a month or so ago. There was one part of the article that kind sums up the point I am trying to get across.

"Clearly, focusing on a person’s looks discloses less than focussing on their thinking does. None of us can change our parentage. That is set in stone, unlike our thoughts. It should be much easier to befriend a coloured with some interest in his African ancestry, than a shameful Anglicised Zulu conducting conversations in the queen’s language only. Let us be elevated, and about philosophy, not physiognomy. "

Messages In This Thread

Colorism (selassielive)
Who Decides Who Is White? *LINK*
Re: Who Decides Who Is White?
first, please define colorism. *NM*
'colorism' from Wikipedia is black-on-black racism
colorism defined by Larry D. Crawford
english word 'black' is coined by "WhitePeople"
Re: english word 'black' is coined by "WhitePeople
more 'white' bull or was taurus coloured
Re: english word 'black' is coined by "WhitePeople
discipleofthenile, open the "codebook"
Strong and Realistic Reasoning *NM*
All other things being equal....
Re: All other things being equal....
For example...
Re: For example...
Colorism and Black Leadership

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com