HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Colorism (selassielive)
In Response To: Re: Colorism (selassielive) ()

Greetings Gman
I am full aware of the saying; "If you white, u right. If you black, stay back. If you brown, stick around."

I check how the media portrayal of beauty is a white woman. Latina, asian, and mixed heritage people are next on the totem because they dont have a high level of melanin.

Give thanks for the clearance regarding carribean race relations. I sight it as a little different than american light skin/darkskin relations regarding Babylon's view.

In the carribean, mixed children are left as a remnant of the colonial power who supposively left after the island's 'independance'. The slave master controls them by remote while they sit a far in their colonial slave mansion.

In america, massa still rules the big house. He uses the light skin black person directly against the darker black person to cause more division than anything. The lighter skin people are not as important to them as the mulatto in JA, in my opinion, because they are not needed to run massa's plantation in their place. So when it all boils down to it, a light skin black will be a nig just as the darker person if they step out of line.

This is one reason why in some caribbean countries, you have black/mulatto presidents, while in America, you do not.

In the Carib, the mulatto president can be a figurehead while being a puppet for the europeans. In america, they wont even allow a black figurehead or any kind of image represent their country.

This is probably due to a predominant white population in america and a predominant non-white population in places like JA.

This may be why there is some disagreement regarding colorism. Many of us were raised in different environments and have different experiences. I was riding the train today and looked around at all the black faces. Most of the faces I saw were brown Afrikan people and not blue black Afrikan people.

This is why I probably have an issue with brown leadership being challenged. In america, most of the black leaders have been brown with a shade or two higher or lower.

I am not dismissing others views of color relation amongst black. I just have a different experience concerning it.

Again, in America, if you are black, you are a nigg**. They might not say it in your face but get them upset and you will hear it come out.

The CIA plotted against Marcus Garvey as well as Malcom X, MLK, and the black panthers. They did not discriminate because one was lighter/darker than the other.

Yimmesgen Hulgize!

Messages In This Thread

Colorism (selassielive)
Who Decides Who Is White? *LINK*
Re: Who Decides Who Is White?
first, please define colorism. *NM*
'colorism' from Wikipedia is black-on-black racism
colorism defined by Larry D. Crawford
english word 'black' is coined by "WhitePeople"
Re: english word 'black' is coined by "WhitePeople
more 'white' bull or was taurus coloured
Re: english word 'black' is coined by "WhitePeople
discipleofthenile, open the "codebook"
Strong and Realistic Reasoning *NM*
All other things being equal....
Re: All other things being equal....
For example...
Re: For example...
Colorism and Black Leadership

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com