HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Colorism (selassielive)
In Response To: Colorism (selassielive) ()

Greetings

"At this time, what do you feel is flawed in the premise that has been presented in these forums on colorism. Specifically, what are your disagreements with Ayinde's statements on it?"

I never denied that Babylon favors lighter skin over darker skin that is evident.

Firstly, I disagreed with the fact that Ayinde put light brown skin people in the same class as white people. (You can check the archive if you wish.) In my opinion light skin black people do not benefit from white privilege such as white people. A white person can always don a suit cut their hair and blend in to the system very smoothly. A light brown skin person cannot in my opinion. The white people in power will still see them as black even though they are light shade (go to the stormfront site if you think that I am disillusioned). Some may be more tolerable of them but they will not truly welcome them into the fold. I think this is what Jah Melku was saying.

Secondly, I disagreed that light brown skin people are typically uncapable of being the lead of a black movement. (look at Malcolm X and black panther for example). In the west, (Im speaking of America because that is where I live.), many black people are of lighter or medium skin tone. If one thinks that only dark skin, broad nose, thick lips, kinky haired blacks are typically the only ones capable of leading a Black movement, where does that lead black people in the West?

I mentioned merit to Ayinde. He said something to the effect that he believes that if one has merit then he/she may be qualified but still shouldnt lead due to skin shade. In my opinion, skin color should no be the deciding factor, it should be merit. Many light brown blacks have suffered from babylon system in the west so then can relate to the destruction of racism and white supremacy. So what stops them from leading?

Is it about a blue black icon? If so, I dont sight why Black people's icon should be of one shade due to the fact that black people come in all complexions of black.

Furthermore, blackness is more about a mentality than a color in my opinion. So any black person who uplifts Afrikan for Afrikans is acceptable regardless of the darkness of his/her hue.

And lastly, I am a Rastafarian. The head of the Rastafari movement and Nyahbingi is Haile Selassie. He is not blue black so according to Ayinde's reasoning, he is not TRULY capable of leading a black movement regardless of the fact that he has merit (he needs both qualities). This little man ruled Ethiopia for over 40 years but he is not capable of leading black people? He even went as far to say that Haile Selassie did not fully overstand racism and white supremacy. I know the founder of this site was not as extreme to hold that stance on InI Negus. Black wi black.

"And is it possible (it was before my arrival) that your views could be purposely oppositional fueled by your bitterness from being banned previously?"

They are not purposely oppositional. This is my stance. There were some things that happened with the banning of some major lighter skinned contributors on the board which I took opposition to. What really irks me is that Ayinde (and now you apparently) has accused me of dishonesty when I was said to be banned because I used some "bad" language. It irks me because I see people using inappropriate language til this day and nothing has happened to them. I would guess because certain people are not targets of the "bad" language. It is quite hypocritical in my opinion. Typically when someone uses "bad" language, the Admin posts and tells the person to refrain and follow the rules of the forum or be removed. I have yet to see this.

I ask you and anyone else, "Why do we care who Babylon prefers?" Do we have to prefer the same thing? Do we want privileges of Babylon?

Some do. Sellouts come in all shades of Black. Just as leaders do.

True black liberationists would not buy what Babylon is selling or give any value to it in my opinion. If so, can they really to be said to be free from the dutty grips of Babylon?

As I said before, plenty of careless Ethiopians will go down with babylon, colorism or not.

"I hope you honestly and openly engage in this reasoning."

I am in therapy right now for my compulsive lying. Hopefully the 12 step program helps me.

Peace

Messages In This Thread

Colorism (selassielive)
Who Decides Who Is White? *LINK*
Re: Who Decides Who Is White?
first, please define colorism. *NM*
'colorism' from Wikipedia is black-on-black racism
colorism defined by Larry D. Crawford
english word 'black' is coined by "WhitePeople"
Re: english word 'black' is coined by "WhitePeople
more 'white' bull or was taurus coloured
Re: english word 'black' is coined by "WhitePeople
discipleofthenile, open the "codebook"
Strong and Realistic Reasoning *NM*
All other things being equal....
Re: All other things being equal....
For example...
Re: For example...
Colorism and Black Leadership

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com