HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Colorism (selassielive)
In Response To: Re: Colorism (selassielive) ()

Hotep and raspects for openness.

Now jokingly, since you referred to the 12 steps, remember that the first step is to admit that "you are powerless" [to lying].

But I sight your words on this and wanted to remind you that I also used to feel total agreement with what you just stated. It is just that I took a giant leap from that argument, because your views in my opinion are accurate but only from the surface.

But back to your sharings. I can tell by our reasonings that you are an "educated" man. Educated can mean 2 things. It can mean that you have successfully acquired information for the purpose of being useful within industrial or business utilization (employment). OR it can mean that you have developed the skills necessary to extract information and form prudent conclusions from various resources in order to ladder your overstandings.

You have acknowledged the Sun, Melanin, people of the Sun, Chlorophyll, triple-darkness, Kemet, Aethiopia, AfRaKa, scientific and spiritual connections, worldwide religious studies, Rastafari, Pan-Afrikanism, Ma'athematics and so on.

You recognize white/male/supremacy and overstand its premises, its strategies, its implementations and its results. So in your own Reason(s)/Explanation(s), what is it all about?

Colorism/racism is much deeper than skin. And it is very misleading for ones to use the comment "because of the shade of skin". It is ironic that we are categorized by color, then we realized that categorization, then we organize and seek truth about our color, and then we are told that mentioning color is divisive, we are told that white/black issues are harmful (TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!)...it was already used divisively and destructively in the first place. In fact so effective that it continues today.

I have always known "colorism" in the Baaby age to position white then light then black. Can you refer to when it was used the other way around.

It is also ironic that we mention "reverse brown bag test" and whites mention "black supremacy" or “one love” and the truth of the matter is that the only actual usages of brown bag test and implementations of supremacy BOTH affect the dark Afrikan the most. The divisions of the brown bag tests made the difference between those who were accepted in connected social circles and is now affecting their children/grandchildren. Can you not see the comparison at all between race benefits and complexion benefits?

That is also why I rushed to criticize any post that states "don't look at color, or don't judge by color" and again, the only victims by the highlighting and division by color is the dark Afrikan. To me, it is like a minister raping my wife and telling me to remember the Commandment of “thou shalt not kill”

So what we have (ironically or better yet suspiciously) is the call for “moderation”. And since you and I have discussed Ma'at, we know that moderation is only the balance of moderation and NOT the balance/solution for EXTREMITY.

0 balances 0
-3 balances 3
and
9,999,999 balances -9,999,999.
but
0 does not balance -5

So no mystery that we are discouraged from seeking Ma’at which is Justice and Order because those in power and status do not want the oppressed overstanding and utilizing the Universal Divine power of Ma’at which is balance and in our current predicament, COUNTER-racism...not “anti”-racism. COUNTER-RACISM!!!

so how can we not sight that in the deception and foolishnes and destructiveness of whiteness, BLACKNESS in its extreme counterbalancing physical, mental and spiritual context is not the ONLY answer and defense to the ailments of Mother Earth and her Children?

You admit that the Sun is our father, so in what physical manner is that fact affirmed...MELANIN, just as chlorophyl in plants.

TRUE...as you said about plants, chlorophyll (green) is not the actual/only color it contains...and TRUE, black is not the only color that our body contains...BUT if we are going to be destroyed and inferiorized by it (one extreme), why should we not be superiorized by it (other extreme) which will moderate and yield justice and peace AND THEN talk about color/complexion not being an issue...BUT WHY NOW? when the negative effects or whitism, whiteness, and white-wash ARE UPON us day and night, Home and Diasporan, physically, mentally and spiritually.

Also selassielive one more comment:

****** I am a Rastafarian. The head of the Rastafari movement and Nyahbingi is Haile Selassie******

Agreed, but would you agree that from a Divine standpoint, Babylon is the father of the Rastafari Movement. Babylon raped our Mother Afrika yielding the fruits of the Movement. We all have Baaby blood in us as long as can see, feel, taste, hear, or smell any form of racism and oppression.

Now if I am inaccurate about anything I speak, I beg for correction.

Again, I say that your argument about colorism is noble and relatively true but in a deeper/universal context, hopefully you will sight what I will try to suggest on this. But for now, I await your response to my statements/questions above.

I also want to thankh everyone in advance for avoiding inflammatory instigations.

-always seeking Ma’at

Messages In This Thread

Colorism (selassielive)
Who Decides Who Is White? *LINK*
Re: Who Decides Who Is White?
first, please define colorism. *NM*
'colorism' from Wikipedia is black-on-black racism
colorism defined by Larry D. Crawford
english word 'black' is coined by "WhitePeople"
Re: english word 'black' is coined by "WhitePeople
more 'white' bull or was taurus coloured
Re: english word 'black' is coined by "WhitePeople
discipleofthenile, open the "codebook"
Strong and Realistic Reasoning *NM*
All other things being equal....
Re: All other things being equal....
For example...
Re: For example...
Colorism and Black Leadership

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com