HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Colorism (selassielive)
In Response To: Re: Colorism (selassielive) ()

"So digesting your comments should allow me to conclude that you have no problems with so-called “white Rastas”. "

***I personally think "white Rasta" is an oxymoron. White people can not be Rastafari in my opinion.

White people are members of the oppressors whether they like it or not. So they will always be suspect in the eyes of blacks. Should we now act that way with each other? Do darker blacks look at a light skin person as if they are going to do them some kind of harm? Do lighter blacks look at darker blacks as if they will do them harm?

I was speaking in terms of black judging other blacks because of shade. It is not correct to equate "colorism" with "racism."

Light skin people dont the power to systematically oppress other black people.

Race is a social construct.

Whites have used race to give themselves notions of superiority. They have systemetically created a system of white domination and control. They have influenced every area of people activity unjustly.

That is why I can not sight a white Rastafari.

When white supremacy is toppled down to the ground and the disobediant children (white people) have been chastized and repent, then they can be brought forward into the fold...or as Seshata would probably say, "the prodigal sons return"**

"And since Afrika is the common birthplace of mankind and the original man is black, can I not consider “white people” the lightest of light skin Afrikans/Blacks altered by thousands of years of migration and climate? "

***That is like saying that we are all single celled mitochondria since we all come from single celled organisms.

I refer to the recent history of whites propping themselves up as superior. I refer to the persecution of black and brown people at the hands of whites to create and maintain this notion of superiority.

Originally, we were all one human family.

Now it is dysfunctional. We have some human family members who have gone astray.

And the family, as well as the earth are feeling their folly.****

Peace

Messages In This Thread

Colorism (selassielive)
Who Decides Who Is White? *LINK*
Re: Who Decides Who Is White?
first, please define colorism. *NM*
'colorism' from Wikipedia is black-on-black racism
colorism defined by Larry D. Crawford
english word 'black' is coined by "WhitePeople"
Re: english word 'black' is coined by "WhitePeople
more 'white' bull or was taurus coloured
Re: english word 'black' is coined by "WhitePeople
discipleofthenile, open the "codebook"
Strong and Realistic Reasoning *NM*
All other things being equal....
Re: All other things being equal....
For example...
Re: For example...
Colorism and Black Leadership

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com