Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Divisions among Rastafarians

Greetings icycle,

i take it that you havent read the things that i posted on the other oromo thread (i think it was called 'chronicles of the abyssinian crimes against the oromo..). So i will quickly recap for you. i&i have the utmost sympathy for your cause, and wish the oromo people every success in their quest for emancipation, just as i would wish this for any oppressed people anywhere. I will ask you the same question i have asked others. Exactly what do you hope to achieve by constantly posting (in this case in an unrelated thread) the same information? You obviously hold HIM responsible for the plight of the Oromo, Rastas obviously dont. And here is the crux of it, neither side is likely to change its mind for any reason short of Jah commanding it to be so. No amount of posts will convince rastas that HIM is a bad person. That should be abundantly obvious by this stage.

That said, i&i, and many others on the board have suggested that rastas and the oromo work together towards some kind of better future for all involved. In the end, we will never agree on the causes of the problem, but we may well agree on some possible solutions. These posts do not move the Oromo people so much as 1 centimeter closer to their goal, and the only reason for them that I can see is just so much spleen venting. So be it, but I would suggest that there are more productive ways that you could be supporting the cause that you are so passionate about.

And I say again, where to from here?

love and life
paul

Messages In This Thread

Divisions among Rastafarians
Yes I , it is an African thing, first and foremost
move up *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com