HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Divisions among Rastafarians
In Response To: Divisions among Rastafarians ()

Greetings and Welcome Again Ayinde,

As always, thought-provoking word sound...I know exactly what you are speaking of, and it got me to thinkin' more....

There is also a great division between the first Rastas and the Garveyites of the early days. Garvey, according to Howell, purposely kept the Rastas in the back of the meeting, and would not allow Howell to pass out pictures of His Majesty. Garvey spoke critically of Selassie, and he also spoke critically of the Rastas and herb smoking. I personally think that both Garvey and Selassie I are pivotal in the Rastafari development/evolution...the two were a part of a play of events that set the conditions for Rasta to manifest in this time and space.

Those that try to use these differences are the same ones who use it against people like John Brown, by saying he was crazy and a madman, etc. or Martin Luther King Jr., for his extra-martial affairs. Even Christ wasn't perfect, as can be seen by his losing his cool in the temple. But the detractors will use those things and try to cause even more con-fusion.

Yes, the Western way of doing things is a joke.

I bought the Real Eve documentary...gave new meaning to the motto: THE WHOLE WORLD IS AFRICA. Lot of work to be done...the Original Anscestors are those that are suffering the most. The white, Western way must cease.

JAH LOVE AYINDE!
Jeff

Messages In This Thread

Divisions among Rastafarians
Yes I , it is an African thing, first and foremost
move up *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com