HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Are Jamaican Rastas Different?
In Response To: Are Jamaican Rastas Different? ()

Blessed Heart of Love Empress:
Give thanks for your reasoning. We also give thanks for what you do for this livity as far as home schooling efforts. I wanted to say that possibly your reasoning could be true, but would further reasoning on some important points you bought up. Yes, I would say that some living within the U.S. borders may experience racism on levels that yard people do not necessary experience, but is the only reason why americans would have an "aggresive attitude" (as you stated) to non-white. I would say it is more than just daily racism.

Africans in the carribean and in america have suffered from a history of slavery, imperialism, and coloninal domination. This covers all fronts and this is why ones and ones find themselves being assertive with others. Rastas yard may feel as you stated that it is one love. But, the reality is JA is still bablyon. Not just the U.S.

Although, racial relations may be "better", the reality is that JA still is babylon and modern day egypt and dominated still to this day with the influence of the presence of the Queen and the Pope. FYAH BURN DEM! You also made it seem as if most jamaicans truly raspect this livity.

Well, there is a negative stigma that has been associated with the rastaman in the carribean. In some islands like St. Thomas if you are "acting ras" that is a bad thing. It is associated with troublemaking and dirtyness. When I spent time in Trinidad, I was treated differently because I am a Ras and futhermore they constantly stated that rastafarians were uneducated people. It was not until they found out that I was born somewhere else and that I was so-called "educated" did people seem to raspect me. Otherwise they took it like it was some sort of joking thing.

Speaking of jokes, with my interactions with non-rasta jamaicans (which is on a daily basis,who are mainly from kingston, spanish town, and mobay)....they seem to raspect the fact that I am a rastawombman, but it seems to be a constant struggle...they constantly want to argue about His Majesty' divinity, that mock the livity, and then want to tell me "facts" about Haile Selassie and Prince Emmanuel that is pure fallacy! They think it is a joke and tend not to what to take it seriously. Then they want to tell me about His Majesty and are totally wrong in the facts they are stating. These jamaicans are vary in age from the yout to the elder and are men and women. Most of them are christians if not all of them, I reason with them giving them truth and they seem to dislike me and admire me at the same time.

So, in Jamaica people may see the rastaman or wombman everyday but do they truly raspect or even care about them? Futhermore you stated that most jamaicans grown up in strict christian homes, well most "african-americans" do to.

The black church is historically considered to be the first social service institution for african american people. The black churches were places in which people went for so-called spiritual enlightment, but it also historical has been known as a place of refugee and a center of learning. Every historical black college or university in the U.S. was founded by "church-going" people. The majority of black people in U.S. and on the board come from a household or have parent(s) who are christians. It has historically been used to keep black people thinking they are are not worthy of being Godly themselves. So because of the psychological affects that this religion has had upon blacks within the western hemisphere who were given it by their slavemasters...this version of it as been very harmful for black people.

So as far as black people in this country not being able to relate to that...well that is simple not true because they can relate to coming from strong christian backgrounds. I believe you are right that alot of africans within these borders may have been influenced by other african centered faiths because they are exposed to more here. Its simply because more exist here. So it is a matter of location and when you live here and seek truth from a pan-african standpoint...you will be exposed to several different african centered faiths because they are exposed to you here.

But, we should all take note that most of the leaders of these "faiths" have merged from Honorable Prophet Marcus Garvey's movement. Many leaders in american were influenced by Garvey whether it was from words or because their parent was a Garveyite themself! Malcolm X's father was a garveyite. In a recent publication about african american leadership....Marcus Garvey was considered to be the founder of community development. And Marcus Garvey influenced louis farrakan who is also like Garvey born in Jamaica.
Marcus Garvey said you are an African!

Rastafari is a spiritual movement. So its core is the spirituality of the relationship with the creator, but is also a movement which focus on equal rights and justice for all people. It is a simple and natural way of life, and at the same time it is a livity which deals with the reality of life and life is connected to past, present, and future. Therefore past, present, and future encompasses factors of our history and legacy, oppression, and future for african development. Since my father Haile Selassie is my God and Negus, I will not deny the fact that he was an african man! Not to discredit other ethinc groups because the reality is Man of R is God in flesh and that could be any color man, but when we talk about certain issues within this livity we must take into account not only His Majesty words, but also the royal lineage in which he came from.

The Bobo Ashanti order is focused on going home to Africa. I can not speak for the other orders, but we have clear objective of going home to Africa and developing it such as our Father Haile Selassie wants us to. These islands such as Trinidad, St. Croix, and JA where we have communities are just a temporary places. Same way as florida and new york, Emmanuel teaches that we must go home! Therefore, we have a homeland development intiative.

I do not believe that JA is the best place on EARTH BECAUSE IT IS STILL BABLYON. IT MAY BE A LITTLE EASIER LIFE TO LIVE AND CLOSER TO NATURE, BUT ULIMATELY ZION IS OUR HOME. And I know plenty of jamaican Bobo brethren that would firmly agree with this. And with all due raspect, the ethopian orthodox faith ask you to denount his majesty's divinity before you can commit to their faith. Futhermore in Toronto, Canada, they will ask you to leave the church service if you believe that Haile Selassie is God. So, I guess I must go because Haile Selassie is the God that I worship and Africa is my home where I will rest my head in due time.

If anyone desire to know more about the HomeLand Development Project please refer to www.houseofbobo.com
Love Love. Give thanks for life, love, and livity.

Marcus I!
Selassie I Jah RASTAFARI!

HOLY EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI!

FREEDOM IS A MUST!

PRINCESS RUBE

Messages In This Thread

Are Jamaican Rastas Different?
I'm sorely disappointed
I'm sorely disappointed
Reassuring Responses ....
Re: Reassuring Responses ....
Re: Are Rastas Different? One Blood
Some Interesting comments...
Re: Some Interesting comments...
Re: Some Interesting comments...
yes i- bun out softness. *NM*
Re: ArBurning fragmentation and segregation!
Well said, as an Afrikan Rastaman I must agree!
To Montwana
Re: To Montwana
Is it really sister MAKEDA writing here?????????? *NM*
comes back to tellin who what to do
Re: Heartical Reasonings Sistren Makeda!
Lions and Lambs...!!!
THE CHRIST-MAN IS THE ULTIMATE REVOLUTIONARY/REBEL
For Empress Makeda Blake Hannah *LINK*
Re: Are Jamaican Rastas Different? *LINK*
P.S.
Re: P.S.
Re: No they are no different...Afrikan a Afrikan
They are very Different
what about G.T., Trini, Bajan etc. Rastas?
Global White Supremacy is an reality...
Re: Global White Supremacy is an reality...
Roots admit it-u were teased 4 being White
Re: Roots admit it-u were teased 4 being White
have you no job???
Re: have you no job??? *LINK*
Re: Roots admit it-u were teased 4 being White *LINK*
Oh shut up Haliyma
Re: Oh shut up Haliyma
What up Lively
TO ALL IN HERE OR WHO WHO WOULD ENTER
The Negro-ette
Re: The Negro-ette
p.s.
Re: p.s.
Re: Global White Supremacy is an reality... *LINK*
FOLLOW RASTAFARI WAYS NO OTHER
Re: FOLLOW RASTAFARI WAYS NO OTHER
Sister Haliyma - Get Some Help
Re: Sister Haliyma - Get Some Help
I am in a psych ward as we speak
Haliyma, is true what you saying?
Thanks
to ayinde
Very True
Re: Very True
Very balanced and truthful reasonings, give thanx *NM*
Discussion still going on!!!!!!
LET THE ELDER SPEAK!!
Blessings, JAH TERMS.... *NM*
TO SISTER MAKEDA
Re: TO SISTER MAKEDA
Shouldn't All RasTafarians Unite In Common Cause?
INITY IS THE GOAL YES!
Bougie Ras...
Re: Bougie Ras-The Marley's-oooooooh!!
Re: Bougie Ras...

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com