HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Interested in theories
In Response To: Re: Interested in theories ()

I think you missed my point a bit.
The point is when people have to buy something there is a presumption that someone other than them is making money and it has been the experience of many that persons come peddling products packaged for particular ethnic groups but after the sales the people are left alone to deal with their day-to-day problems.

It does not make a difference if they ask who is making money or if it is for a good cause. They are used to lies in sales pitches. Few will investigate but most go with experience. If they do not see immediate benefits they will not take you seriously.

They will buy Nike sneakers because that gives peer status (short-term satisfaction) but for something as illusive as the future they are wary.
My point is if one is helping one have to consider the reality of the people to be helped. An African recently from the continent may purchase to deal with ‘homesickness’; it does not necessarily mean that person is more aware.

When I travel people who would never talk to me at home suddenly appear friendly. They are being comforted by something/someone from a familiar environment.

I am not questioning your motives, just offering another view to add to the theory.

Messages In This Thread

Interested in theories
Brainwashment, Gold and Booty Clubs
Re: Interested in theories/Roots

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com