HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Interested in theories/Roots

You didn't make it clear that you overstood that in your post. You said "The reason african-americans [no such thing but I'll get to that some other time] don't buy these T-shirts or get into their roots, is the same reason other races don't", using Norwegians/Finns as an example. That's what I was responding to.
As you acknowledged in your second post, anytime I respond to something you say does not mean I'm "jumping down your throat".
And I didn't say that EVERYTHING about your roots would make you proud, just that if you dug for them you'd more than likely find something to be proud of.
I think a lot of times "white" people check out what their "race" has done and is doing and feel ashamed, and then they want to reject their roots and try to claim African (or whatever) roots as their own. That's like adding insult to injury. (I'm not saying this applies to you.)
Yeah I know we ALL have African roots if you go back far enough, but ya gotta dig for your roots 1000 years ago before you could reach to your roots 1 million years ago.
You sight?

Messages In This Thread

Interested in theories
Re: Interested in theories
Brainwashment, Gold and Booty Clubs

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com