AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: at least you admit who the boss is

And "the man" is just so loving and generous of you beautiful black people or is he investing LONG-TERM in his outlook and his own agenda?
--------------
i think i addressed that we understand what 'the man's intentions are
--------------
Once the youth are trained and developed, they definitely wouldn't bite the hand that fed them as they grow older, would they?
--------------
the point u make above is critical...as it directly points to the rationale as to why WE... AFRICANS need to develop economic empowerment structures.
-------------
I commend your efforts. They are more than noble. But please do not be naive to the strategy.
------------
brother...im anything but 'naive'...the same pay-check that i get from them i invest in devlopment initiatives to develop my people; the same computer that they provide me with...and internet...im here now reasoning on RASTAFARI speaks...and strategizing with brothers/sisters all over the continent on making sustainable moves
--------------
Neo-colonialism is using today's western trinklets (materialism/ego/capitalism) in contrast to the missionaries' approach (salvation/cultural deconstruction) of a few centuries back.
-------------
more love...but you preachin to the choir on that point bredrin
-------------
Why, rasi, do you think 'the man' is being so benevolent nowadays?
--------
i think i adressed that point in my last post
-------
Brother, you cannot train THE MASSES to run their own businesses. You need indians to work for chiefs, so you can only have so many chiefs.
--------
i disagree - but will leave the point as it is
--------
It is but an indoctrination of capitalistic and democratic CLASS STRATIFICATION. Its the textbook blueprint of what Marx identified.
-----
im not fealing with textbooks, im dealing with the reality of children headed households, positive youth and 49% unemployment rate.
-------
Have you read any of Franz Fanon, particularly "The Wretched of the Earth"? If so, would you see any relevance.
-----
iya, i have read many books - but my point isnt about referncing checkin or academic discourse. my premise is this: REALITY. LAND = WEALTH & Means of production. if u arent producing anything u will remain poor. its simple as that. we arent living in G-mans anarchist society...or a communal environment where all is shared. if ones that are conscious do not begin to make some in-roads in production and generating a means to support or people. then we are walking DEAD.
-------
There is a difference between education for liberation and education for development.
------
of course there is...but they cn go hand in hand.
-------
Development is a code-word for psychological and economic softening up for benefit by elites/controllers.
--------
thats YOUR code word , based on YOUR understanding. I will simplify it - development for my brother outside my window is moving out of a corrugated shack into proper shelter and being able to look after his siblings -
-----
Development is a pyramid scheme. The first step is the rationalization via the manipulated starvation of the people that would cause ones to lean towards ANY apparent solution laid out before them. You would take mouth-to-mouth resuscitation from a skinhead before you would allow yourself to die.
-----
great analogy - but i still think our points are passing each other - i view your rationale, as there is nO solution, whereas, im of the thinking that i work with the tools that i have and build upon them to reach the goal of self-determination
-----

I still give you word/power to your endeavors. But please don't sell me cocaine and call it baby powder.
---
asante...but i find it interesting that you only engaged...the 'man' aspect of my response...which of course is the easiest target

Messages In This Thread

African Land Grab - "Acres for a bottle of Scotch" *NM* *LINK*
Re: African Land Grab - "Acres for a bottle of Sco *LINK*
Re: African Land Grab - "Acres for a bottle of Sco
Re: African Land Grab - "Acres for a bottle of Sco *NM* *LINK*
Re: African Land Grab - "Acres for a bottle of Sco *NM* *LINK*
But never too late to rape and pillage *NM* *LINK*
Re: But never too late to rape and pillage
Can't leave me alone, can you?
Re: Can't leave me alone, can you?
Re: Can't leave me alone, can you? *LINK*
OK then.
Re: OK then.
Just for the record...
Re: Just for the record...
Re: Just for the record...
at least you admit who the boss is
I will respond soon, but...
Libya Down; Sudan Next *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com