AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: But never too late to rape and pillage

How is buying a natural resource rationalized?

...assuming that a 'conscious' african buys land it can be beneficial in many ways to the 'land-owner' and the community. using Namibia as an example...their is 49% unemployment rate...and their is extreme affordable housing shortage - a good % of the population in the city live in corrugated steel shacks...instead of land being bought by foreign prospectors...income cud be generated by the unemployed to build affordable housing

Just because Western society has formed the industry of real estate, we are to participate?

well...i would simply say that in all cases we are participating even if we are doing so unwillingly. so we have to make a choice...'own' our own or become sqautters/or renters on our own land.

Why would I feel more comfortable with black hands exploiting black lands and black people rather than yellow or white hands?

...i am assuming that you are assuming that by nature ones are exploitative. im not of the same opinion. i am a realist however - most exploitation in my opinion is directly related to opportunity . if exploiters have less opportunity to exploit, because individuals are empowered; than the end-result would be better for the community

Whats the difference unless there is communal benefit? What's the guarantee of this simply because of black ownership.

....theres no guarantee of anything in life. but if ones with the means + a conscious step up - then at minimum those individuals/groups would know they contributed

Do you know any black landlords in EC? (I know plenty...too many) Are they all more communally committed and accountable than the whites who sold to them and fled?

am sure there are many. we cant't change the priorities of others without setting an example based on our own works and deeds. the level of inequity in the african context is like none i've ever seen. and a great deal of this is caused by lack of access to the resources that are rightfully the peoples. and reality is land is a commodity thats bought and sold. and if we dont buy and use it for good; then we are giving others opportunity to buy on their own terms and for their own use with their best interest in mind-

Messages In This Thread

African Land Grab - "Acres for a bottle of Scotch" *NM* *LINK*
Re: African Land Grab - "Acres for a bottle of Sco *LINK*
Re: African Land Grab - "Acres for a bottle of Sco
Re: African Land Grab - "Acres for a bottle of Sco *NM* *LINK*
Re: African Land Grab - "Acres for a bottle of Sco *NM* *LINK*
But never too late to rape and pillage *NM* *LINK*
Can't leave me alone, can you?
Re: Can't leave me alone, can you?
Re: Can't leave me alone, can you? *LINK*
OK then.
Re: OK then.
Just for the record...
Re: Just for the record...
Re: Just for the record...
at least you admit who the boss is
Re: at least you admit who the boss is
I will respond soon, but...
Libya Down; Sudan Next *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com