AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: African slavery apology 'needed'

It so happened that by chance Dr. Zervos, a Greek who had earlier been a physician, was there at that time and he treated me with medicine as far as possible; and little by little I was able to recognize people's outline.
On the morrow they carried me on a stretcher to Amaressa, and from Amaressa they took me down to Harar; and on the twelfth day, being quite well again, I went up to the church of St.Michael and gave thanks to God.................... His Majesty's own words.
The above was taken from page 43 ofvthe Autobiograghy of Emperor Haile Sellassie 1 Volme One.

The above is related to the boat accident which took place on June 7th 1915 at Lake Haramaya when seven people drowned, except Dejazmatch Hayla Sellasse and Dejazmatch Tafari. At that time Dejazmatch Tafari was not yet Ras, since he did not become Ras until 1916, He was then Governor of Harar and not yet made to be Crown Prince when this accident occured.

Again there are different words which are used to name the Creator upon the face of this earth, but what is important is the translation or the meaning if you prefer. God is the word which is used in the English language, Mungu is used in Kiswahili, Orisha is used in some parts of westb Africa, the Chinesse have their own word which they use. The Indians have their word which they use, Allah is another word which is used. God is a English word and the English Dictionary says, it means; The being worshipped as the Creator of the Universe. You are not an English person, you are African, therefore, you should be telling us about those words which we use for the Creator in various African countries, let us pay attention to our own culture. You would do better burning demigods since they are the down pressors and slave masters upon this earth. The journey of life continues. Take the best care of yourselve and your people.
Again I send many oceans of blessings and self determination to African people everywhere.
ONE BLACK HEART ONE BLACK LOVE.
Baba Ras Marcus

The above was taken from page 43 of the Autobiograghy of Emperor Haile Sellassie 1, Volume One.

Messages In This Thread

African slavery apology 'needed' *LINK*
What about the Arabs?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com