AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: respectfully, may I say this...

O.k,I mean this respectfully too.I have a different point of view based on certain facts and ways of looking at evidence.This is not,nor have any of my posts come from being offended.There is nothing to fear as I am open to seeing and perhaps agreeing with anothers point of view,but the evidence presented to Selassies 'guilt' is thin.
I thought you were asking me to elabourate on his success?
I gave you some information.What were you looking for?The original poster did much the same, and so I have responded with what information I have.
So what exactly are you asking me to reason about?The nature of success?What I see as success and how I attribute King Selassie to it?Or if I have some need to pre-emp HIM being successful and disregard facts?
If Iam not to place facts before you then what am I to reason with?

Are under the beleif that if someone has a positive opinion of Selassie,that they are just living on a feel good 'Faith' level,and are not wanting to 'face facts', or 'look at the evidence' to HIM not being one who supports black people/African people and that there is some sort of superiority he held himself in because of his admittance to his mixed racial heriatage?

You see, in my sights there is'nt really much evidence that holds very strong in what has been presented by Child of Maafa.EVIDENCE.Its as though you think that Rastafari people are stupid and base their beleif on a need to see him in a higher light because they are not intelligent enough to look at facts objectively.Is this true?

Can you understand that an Arab may say that they are...not African- but Arab...however if you talk in specifics with them they will say they belong to the African nation?Many people in Africa refer to Black people as African,did you know this?To me this evidence is thin and in context with all the other evidence to the contrary...I dont buy it as gospel.Simple.
Now,if youre gonna see that Selassie by his comments of Hamitic/Semite means that he sees himself as superior then you have to be fair and look at everything else that he has said in relation to Africa and race.Is that not only just and fair?

Protectionism of what,exactly, the possibility of HIM having this sort of superiority thing going on?So youre trying to tell me that there is not a fairly strong/straight up neccessity to be very clear about what HIM means when talking about African?

So,on the other hand, can it be said that you are using circumstancial evidence as a way of your own protectionism to the reality that Selassie was,or could of been a great leader?
Is this about YOU not seeing HIM as the creator?
Interestingly enough,neither do I.

Maybe I just need someone to look at and see that they have brilliant and great attributes,but maybe I can also keep my head in unity enough to say I dont beleive they did do everything right,but only when I see adequate enough information to reinforce this.

Selassie has said so many things that directly support Black African people,including civil rights leaders in the states(whether some were protectionist to you)he treated Black people everywhere with the utmost respect and spoke of the absolute freedom of all black people.He did consider himself as comming from African decent but was specific with some of his comments about Ethiopias racial mixture.There are Moslems,Jews and Christians living in Ethiopia that are a combination of Arab/Semite,Afrocoid/African, what would you expect him to say?
Call his comments superiority traits but I dont actually see HIM saying ANYWHERE that he does not have affinity with those who are 'pure' Black so to speak.Actually the opposite.
Just because colourism to varying degrees occurs in the AfriKan continent (Sudan) doesnt at all mean or point solid specific evidence to Selassie having a denial of Blacks and Superiority of his mixed racial ethnicity...So what it occurs...thats not specific evidence,thats just circumstancial,so...is sort of lame.
If you can find me some better evidence,cool.

I respect the questions.
I know there is deeper levels for me on this.

Let us reason this then Disciple.Maybe you will convince me of a few things.
Blessed Love.

Messages In This Thread

the failure of an emperor
Re: the failure of an emperor
perhaps the problem is with 'deification'
Re: the failure of an emperor *LINK*
could there be a "maafa" withe out White Supremacy *LINK*
so did he succeed or fail? *NM*
Re: so did he succeed or fail?
did you have a response? *NM*
Re: did you have a response?
respectfully, may I say this...
By the way: (to the original poster)

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com