HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Is Africa overpopulated?
In Response To: Re: Is Africa overpopulated? ()

"Maybe Europe would like to transform Africa into another Australia, or North America, where the indigenous population exists invisibly on the margins of society. I hope much more diasporan Africans, besides Rastafarians, consider repatriation.”

That’s a valid observation. Unfortunately, many would pretend not to understand what you mean, given the “culture” that we’re living in. Given the “different worlds” that we seem to inhabit, the incompatible mentalities (most times as much a matter of what you are as that of where you are), I really wish many INTELLIGENT Afrikans would consider that as something “possibly cooking”, and react accordingly. There would be no other way!

Unfortunately, it is not so.

Most Afrikans don’t even care about such probable eventualities. But who else would care? It surprises me that, concerning population statistics, you wouldn’t find CERTAIN data at certain sources—(not even @ wikipedia.org)—such as population density statistics on the basis of how densely populated (or, once again, “overpopulated”?) a continent is (compared to other continents), or even clearly comparative racial population statistics (Demography and its interpretation/inter-relation/correlation).

I am a continental Afrikan, and can say I have tried to imagine what it’s really like to be a Diaspora Afrikan, or one who was born and raised only in the Diaspora, with absolutely no (or little) physical & cultural contact to Afrika and no first-hand knowledge of Afrika, with all the pros and cons …

… If I should judge, I can say I think it’s strange, because most Afrikans that I've known—in Afrika and even in Europe/America—would wish they were born and raised in the Diaspora (AND PERHAPS NOT BE “AFRIKANS”). On the other hand, I have, in certain cases, found Diaspora Afrikans to be more “culturally conscious”—(even when it may only be in theory)—than certain Afrikans that I’ve met (in Afrika & abroad).

So, yes, repatriating is a GREAT idea, a very good one, a must for every Afrikan to consider, because the land is there, may seem to be getting emptier but it’s big and will always be there!

Messages In This Thread

Is Africa overpopulated?
an agenda perhaps?
Re: an agenda perhaps?
Re: an agenda perhaps?
should be "battle" not "fight" *NM*
Re: Is Africa overpopulated? *LINK*
BLACKS WERE IN THE AMERICAS BEFORE COLUMBUS *LINK*
Re: BLACKS WERE IN THE AMERICAS BEFORE COLUMBUS *LINK*
precisely
Re: BLACKS WERE IN THE AMERICAS BEFORE COLUMBUS
Re: BLACKS WERE IN THE AMERICAS BEFORE COLUMBUS
AFRICA, WORLD NEEDS MORE BLACK PEOPLE *LINK*
Re: Is Africa overpopulated? *NM* *LINK*
Why is African 'overpopulation' featured in media? *LINK*
Re: Why is African 'overpopulation' featured in me
Re: Why is African 'overpopulation' featured in me
Code words
Re: Code words *NM* *LINK*
AFRICA IS UNDERPOPULATED AND MUST QUADRUPLE *LINK*
DONT MIND THE LIES BOUT MAMA IFRICA! SEEK TRUTH!!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com