HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Monogamy and Rastas
In Response To: Re: Monogamy and Rastas ()

I do agree that there is a point to be made that a Rastaman will say that he is "teaching" other women about Selassie and Rasta, but not all women are into the spiritual side of Rasta. Most of the women that I see are white women(nothing against) who might listen to reggae music and think that having a dread would be exciting. They don't want guidance! So that really is the biggest discrepancy I see in this whole situation. I know how women are! My King says that not all women want sex from him, I say that is all these other women want and if they can have a coversation with him afterward all the better. I don't know how to get through to him that I am different from these other women who will have sex with some one else's partner. I try to tell him I am the one who stood by him while he was incarcerated for 6 months not these other women, I took care of the household and the bills so he had a place to come home to. It is so hard for me right now because he has only been home for 3 weeks and is already wanting to go out wthout me. I try to tell himit is disrespectful. but he isn't listening. Do any of you dreads out there have any advice on what I could say or do to make my point stronger? I really want this relationship to succeed, but just don't know how. Thanks for listening. Suzie

Messages In This Thread

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com