HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: AU backs off on Zimbabwe issue

I only brought up a personal issue - my mother's huge tract of land- to illustrate that my attitude towards business principles is consistent.

The reason why I call it "Your Precious article" is that it appears to be the only foundation for your arguement. You have obviously neglected to view the dozens of sites on the material. This article of yours was targetted at an audience other than Zimbabwe. We Zimbabweans want our land back, but we don't want a tyrannical gerontocracy either. We want our land back, but we want free expression as well. We want our land back, but we want an end to political and bureaucratic ineptitude as well.

Speaking of which- I started off this topic to deplore the manner in which the AU has handled Zimbabwe, and propound my perception of the motives behind this.

Yes, the present economic system is unfair, it is based on the vilest acts of villainy, the likes of which there are no words that can fully express my outrage over. It is also known that African states have all they need within their borders. Yet it is also known that no African government has made a serious move to wean us of this economic slavery. The Zimbabwe Government as I speak now is desperate for US$ and UK£. So desperate that after denouncing the millions of young men and women who have left to work in the West as economic prostitutes etc, the Government has introduced a programme called Homelink- really a state-run money transfer agency. I know for a fact that in the UK, most Zimbabweans have boycotted it, feeling that it is crazy for the government to ask people to give it money when it is the same government that has stolen their future and forced them to live abroad and do menial jobs.

Thing is, Brother Ayinde, I feel as you do that an African economic order is needed. But I do not think the politicians are going to do it. Perhaps you and I could link up and chart a practical way to do it. I propose a link of African financial institutions ( Barclays' African operations division does not count) This will in turn see the creation of a currency, backed by the combined assets of these African banks. A link of as many traders as we can will ensure that it is this currency that will dominate. Of course, this is just a sketch, and my economics is rudimentary.

But until then, its the US$.

Now for your article.

Messages In This Thread

AU backs off on Zimbabwe issue *LINK*
Re: AU backs off on Zimbabwe issue *LINK*
Re: Whites Must Give Up the Land! *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com