HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: AU backs off on Zimbabwe issue *LINK*

Masimba Musodza said: "How can I get to your precious article if I have to go back and spruce up everything I have said?"

Earlier on you said that you were already familiar with the article, and I thought that you read it some time before. This is a discussion/ reasoning, and I suspect we will have a difference in how we internalize this English Language. I also suspect that English may be your second Language (correct me if I am wrong there), and you did say you speak another African language. It is certainly not MY precious article. It is just one of many articles that offers what I think is a fair historical overview of the situation. Remember you said that you have "superior first hand knowledge", so of course I want your impression of the article.

Masimba Musodza said: "By "sound business principles", I obviously meant with title deeds, with which one can get a loan from any financial institution, with proper accounting systems etc. You can't run a farm the same way you would a traditional family homestead."

What you meant there was not obvious at all, but it is good you are attempting to clarify. I do not even feel that all what you are now stating there is necessary to run a good commercial farm. Black Africans were the ones who started commercial enterprises, and we do not have to associate "sound business principles" with only what was forced on Africans by way of conquering Europeans.

If Africans were making a stronger appeal and were properly compensated for the injustices, denial of rights, and lost of profits, they would not need to be looking outwards for loans in the first place. One can run a successful farm along the same lines as a traditional family homestead. You may have to once again clarify what you mean by "traditional family homestead".

Masimba Musodza said: "The US$ earned by the White farmers growing tobacco is used by the Government to import much needed supplies. It is an economic reality of the day."

Of course it exists, but it is based on theft, and a continuing unfair system, so it is an unreal situation to be asking people to live with or accept as the standard. That crappy system has to be dismantled; it is not based on either free or fair trade. It is still based on theft, thuggery, racism, and most of all White Superiority. So in no way would I be encouraging Africans to accept those standards in order to acquire what they need. Food, clothes and shelter can be sourced in Africa without needing to accept the unfair conditions of the West. And the "traditional family homestead" is one way to start small and link up to trade excesses. It is very communal. I rather suspect that an African historical based education system can motivate Blacks towards their self-interest. They can realize many ways to take care of themselves, and not follow the European elites with their insatiable appetites.

Masimba Musodza said: "My father possess a large tract of land. Up to now, it has not been utilised, again because he was not running it on sound business principles. My mother has come in to possession of it, and called upon me to help. I have insisted that she will not see a cent of mine until she is ready to run it like a proper business. And she could become a very rich woman if she did."

I don't know your personal family situation and grievances, but I will play bold and suggest that you move from that hard-line position in relation to your mother, as you may not really have a superior understanding to her.

Here is the article again for when you have the time.

Mugabe is Right and these are the Facts
http://www.africasia.com/newafrican/may00/nacs0501.htm

Messages In This Thread

AU backs off on Zimbabwe issue *LINK*
Re: AU backs off on Zimbabwe issue
Re: Whites Must Give Up the Land! *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com