HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: AU backs off on Zimbabwe issue

How can I get to your precious article if I have to go back and spruce up everything I have said?

When I mentioned that the Black farmers were doing well in the arid zones was that the reason they were put there was to deprive them of an economic base. The Colonial administrators then proceeded to seek to take the Black man off the land completely, to reduce him to labour in the factories etc. This was done by introducing new laws that taxes were to be paid only in cash.

This is my point exactly, in the communal areas, the peasanbt farmers ensured that until recently Zimbabwe was Southern Africa's breadbasket. It is not, because all those food growers are now caught up in the political turmoil that has engulfed the country.

By "sound business principles", I obviously meant with title deeds, with which one can get a loan from any financial institution, with proper accounting systems etc. You can't run a farm the same way you would a traditional family homestead.

My father possess a large tract of land. Up to now, it has not been utilised, again because he was not running it on sound business principles. My mother has come in to possession of it, and called upon me to help. I have insisted that she will not see a cent of mine until she is ready to run it like a proper business. And she could become a very rich woman if she did.

Foreign currency does mean US$ etc, unfortunately. It would be nice if African leaders got together and worked out a means to support each other's currencies. The Western nations do, you have Germany buying x amount of US$ or US buying x amount of Canadian $, to boost the values of these currencies. However, you can't do business with any African country except in US$. The US$ earned by the White farmers growing tobacco is used by the Government to import much needed supplies. It is an economic reality of the day.

No, no, if anyone is lost in translation, if anyone is halway to Mars, it is not me

Messages In This Thread

AU backs off on Zimbabwe issue *LINK*
Re: AU backs off on Zimbabwe issue *LINK*
Re: Whites Must Give Up the Land! *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com