HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: AU backs off on Zimbabwe issue *LINK*

Ok, you could not answer the questions, so I will respond to 'your other views'.

Masimba Musodza wrote: "You suffer from the delusion that anyone opposed to Mugabe must be supporting the Western view of Zimbabwe. I say delusion because you fail to recognise the dynamics of Zimbawean socio-econics, you have the arrogant assumption that Zimbabwe is a as two-dimensional as the books out of which you get your knowledge of it from."

This was my statement: "Unfortunately there is only the government internet source that gives their view on anything, and I am fortunate to have the benefit of emails and other correspondences from others in Zimbabwe who say much of the reports about abuses that were taking place under the ‘not well thought out land reform plan’ are being exaggerated. Not being physically there, I am at liberty to take a generalized view in favour of an African oriented solution to African issues.

As far as I see, the opposition to Mugabe has been appealing to Western Interests, that is definitely not interested in the wellbeing of Africans as a whole, for support, and in that regard I do not see them as a viable alternative.

They have not presented a reasonable plan to take back the land from the white occupiers. They are just reacting to the issue now, and they all seem to have a vested interest in political control (not that anything is wrong with that per se.) I have a strong feeling that US and UK business/political interest are financing much of the opposition forces for their own anti-African agenda, which involves not compensating the real victims for their theft of lands."

Masimba Musodza wrote: "I have made it clear from when I started to take part on this Board that I do not speak for any opposition group. I am a private citizen, and I find it insulting for you or anyone else to suggest or state otherwise."

How does your 'response' negate anything that I have said? In the quote below you also drew some weird conclusions, and responded.

Masimba Musodza wrote: "You are also under the impression that the Land Seizures were initiated by Mugabe. If you did your reseacrh, you wil find that it was the Svosve peasants who got tired of the previous system, and moved on to a white man's farm. Mugabe's government sent the police after them. It was only a couple years later- as discontent over the mismanagement of the country intensified that he then repainted himself as the champion of Land reform."

You did not present one quote from my post to substantiate your impressions, as I deliberately asked: "What was the papers policy on land reform before (((Mugabe announced))) that he was going to take back the land from White occupiers? Can you present one of their articles in support of taking back the lands before (((Mugabe announced))) that he was going to reclaim the lands?" Where did I venture into who started the whole exercise?

Misrepresentations and distortions are quite common, and in this regard I am not under the misguided impression that simply because someone speaks an African language that they are somehow more aware of African affairs, and share a pro Black African interest. I do not feel that just because someone resides in a country or visits that country that on that basis they automatically acquire a superior understanding of things there. They should, but that is not the norm. Far to often they do not, as many people who reside in countries are trapped in local tit-for-tat political quagmires, and are not sufficiently aware of how wider international forces are affecting their local politics. But having said all of this, I respect the rights of Black people residing in Zimbabwe to work out their own solutions, and to also appeal to Black African interest groups for assistance if need be. I already explained that my interest was in the distorted media coverage that omitted the history.

I do feel that the value of ones input on any issue could be discerned from how they engage issues, and the views they share. Unfortunately you did not respond to anything I said, but more so your own ‘whatever’.

I am placing a link below for those who may be interested in other views on this matter.

#

Mugabe is Right and these are the Facts
http://www.africasia.com/newafrican/may00/nacs0501.htm

Messages In This Thread

AU backs off on Zimbabwe issue *LINK*
Re: AU backs off on Zimbabwe issue
Re: Whites Must Give Up the Land! *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com