Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Born Again Christian-To Rasta

Greetings To Ones,

I was once a born again christian getting ready to preach and teach the gospel of Jesus Christ as they called it. I was of the Pentecostal Holiness Faith. No make up No jewlery and Long skirts.
I enjoyed it for 5 years. This was from my late teens to early twenties. I was in church 24/7.
The attitude of I am right and the world is wrong was part of my way of life as a CHRISTIAN!!!

I had always explored the study of other religions. Not to take them on but because I found religious studies FASCINATING!! And still do. But oneday I met a friend who put I on to some information about the truth and origins behind Christianity, Judaism, The Bible and even Islam.I did not believe my friend so I spent a whole heap of time in the Library where the truth is Burried. I found out that what my friend was saying was infact the truth. Then I looked at things from some of our Afrikan Descent authors and found out that we as a people have been decieved by Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Anyway, that is not the point of this post. The point is that this is what brought I to Rastafari. It was the abandonment of the Eurocentric GOD CON-CEPT. I began to study Rastafari and go to Rasta functions. I began to study Holistic herbs and I-tal livity and LIVE IT!!! I locked and went away to the Carribean. While swimming ina lagoon in the carribbean I prayed for a sign from Selassie I to let I know that I was on the correct path. It began to rain but the sun was shining brightly and 5 mins. later a beautiful Green Gold and Red rainbow appeared just like it did in the Bible for Noah as a sign of the promise never to flood the earth again!

This was very moving and I rejoiced in the lagoon and was very ILA. Many signs followed to let I know I was on the right path. It was very important for I to get a sign. I always knew that YAH was with I at that time, and still do. That was a very ILA time in I life and it is still a wonderful time in Rastafari.

Some say the road is so hard. That has not been my experience. I know of the rejection and scorn of the early Rasta. But I think a lot of it has to do with ones mentality. If one sees the world as your enemy than that is what one will receive. It is not THE WORLD/Babylon- it is the people that make Babylon what it is .

It is hard being a so called BLACK person in this day and time. I have experienced racism but I do not stand for it. There is a way to knock out the rascist-it is by out smarting him and out witting him. Rasta has opened the door for I to delve deeper into my Afrikan spirituality and ABANDON everything that was HANDED to me spiritually, from family,preachers and schools. It still takes work. As for the appearance of "dreads", there is nothing in the bible that speaks of DREADS, but it does speak of LOCKS. I locked for spiritual reasons as well as for AFRIKAN beauty. There is nothing wrong with that. NOT FOR VANITY, but for self love and awareness.

Locks are ones attenae to the oneverse. They keep InI intuned with InI environment. Some take it forthe Nazarite oath and that is all good. But InI know that the ancient Nubians of over 10,,000 years ago wore Locks long before any covenant was written. Ones can find that on the walls of ancient Egypt and Nubia. So there are many reasons why InI Lock. Early in I trod I use to BELIEVE that Christ was a locksman. If such a person existed he very well may have been.

I have seen and experienced many spiritual-Iritical things and I am constantly growing and changing within Rasta. So much information is available to InI so InI never have to be decieved again unless InI choose to be. That is what Selassie I has done for I. Selassie I has loosed I from the bondage of Eurocentric philosophies. Now HIM say that he Glory's in the Bible. Selassie I enjoyed reading the bible while in his physical form. That is what HIM suggested to ones for their spiritual guidance. At that time that was the best thing. And for some it may be good for them today.

But it was not a commandement. For Selassie I there was no salvation in anything but the bible. But if one goes to the source and origin of the bible than salvation must be there as well!!! I do not accept the reality of Heaven or Hell because I know the origin of them. The Ancient Jews did not have a hell or heaven concept that was introduced into the scriptures by the Greeks and translators. ASK ANY RABBI. I learned this in college, HIS MAJESTY said to GET EDUCATION!!! Didn't HE!!??

When InI really go into the HIS-STORY of religions and the three monotheistic religions you can see the trick that was being played to divide and enslave InI. If ones want to do research than I encourage it. But if ones just choose to accept and not investegate that is fine too. But do not knock ones who have come up and out of mental slavery and spiritual bondage.

I have come a long way from the PENTECOSTAL church. I have learned that we must not knock others about their choices or how they came into the trod. BUt when one knocks another or myself-I am going to come after YOU with facts.

HOTEP-Selam
ISES UNTO THE ALMIGHTY I!!!!

Messages In This Thread

Born Again Christian-To Rasta
Re: Born Again Christian-To Rasta
Re: Born Again Christian-To Rasta edmundo
Re: Attention gman
Re: Born Again Christian-To Rasta Obadiah
Re: Born Again Christian-To Rasta-Gman
Re: Cussin', Dreads, Enemies
Re: Cussin', Dreads, Enemies
Re: Give Thanks Iyah! Jah Lightning lives! *NM*
Give Thanks
from a TTI perspective!
Re: from a TTI perspective!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com