Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Cultural 'Education'
In Response To: Cultural 'Education' ()

That's certainly not my concept of education. I am certainly aware of the pain of the babylon education; which can be termed mentacide.Meaning the killing of a people's brain or MANTALITY. One can't be educated under conditions of hate and cultural imposition and imperialism.In such a situation; one can only be trained and conditioned to serve the master and maintain his empire.Learning about other people's history, culture and civilization to the exclusion of InI own is not acceptable. So how do we set the captives free? The term of which you are so perturbed; brings to mind a sistren with ten pickney at her frock tail and as many BABY FATHERS; who can hardly help in the children's support.Also,ten individuals living in a one room shack does'nt help; from a health point of view and other issues too numerous to mention.Washing clothes by the river is out of necessity.I know of ones who had to go down a rivah and now that they have indoor plumbing and electricity relish the convenience.With animal feces in the river;the pollution from detergents and industrial waste as in the case of St. Mary(parish) in Yaard; where a whole heap a people have cancer and lead poisoning without KNOWING that it's from a battery factory.In such situations it is dangerous to be barefoot and worse to be pregnant.Or we might look at the situation; Where under the Seaga government; the parish of St. Ann and other aereas were sprayed with AGENT ORANGE under the supervision of a U.S. government agent; giving the local farmers and their families cancer and loss of memory; also poisoning the water table.It would seem as if there are a lot of trained and conditioned leaders living in those gated communities of which you speak. I remember visiting relatives in the country at the age of five.At that iwah, I lived in Town. I drank the springwater directly from the stream and later broke out in soars all over my body. However; my kinfolk seemed to be immune to such sickness; of which I subsequently acquired a possible immunity. I therefore, conclude by saying InI acquiring of education is foremost to be aware of ones environment and defend InI livety.

InI ancesters wrote in stone: KNOW THYSELF. It is also taught to many of the I; that one learns to dance at home before going abroad.Hence education begins in the home.Our tradition of education includes the university of Sankore in medival Ghanah, Timbuctoo of Mali's fame; where scripts not only in arabic but other West African languages were written. About forty volumes are being translated as I type. These works encompass subjects such as accounting,astronomy,mathematics etc. These are the same people who established the first medical schools in Sicily and Spain where there were female dentists and other female professionals. The books that established Oxford University came from InI through Spain; carried there by a Spanish Jew. Through this process we brought Europe gunpowder and other navigational sciences which came directly from the HIMYAARS on the Indian Ocean and did even exist at the time of SHEBA.Prince Henry the navigtor of Portugal established Moorish Sciences; which was an effort to study the universe of InI knowledge base. And we should not forget that El Cid the mercenary raided the libraries of Toledo where it took the Jews of SAFAR tree hundred years to translate the books.That's the foundation of European Knowledge and modern civilisation which they lost after Rome and InI brought foward to them. If I am not mistaken, the Aencient Globe has been returned to Aethopia by one the plundering nations. This proves that InI knew the world was round for thousands of years.

We now have at our fingertips a vast array of Knowledge to liberate ourselves. No one is going to liberate us but ourslves.If we are to run a continent and governments; man and woman have to be educated in InI culture mangostory and civilisation as applied to such cultural standards and to a tropical environment. InI can only win this Liberation Struggle with man and woman fighting side by side as it has been InI Aencient traditon.Please do not assume that I cannot humble myself to a one who is unable to read and write; because it is due to such a one that I could keep my covenant; when I faced great temptation over twenty six years ago. He has great wisdom; although other faults. He is in SHESHE. He would relish I being by his side to help him run things. I hope to see him soon.

Therefore, a Rasta woman being eduacted means that her children will be educated by her; in how she maintains the home and environment around them; reading to the children, taking them to the museum and the library etc. She can also organize
herself to start a small business; thereby applying her education and setting a positve example for her children. InI must use education to empower and liberate ourselves economically and otherwise but not for pagan material worship, status and prestige of Babywrong enslavement.

Messages In This Thread

Religion vs Human Life. What's Your View ?
Re: Religion vs Human Life. What's Your View ?
Cultural 'Education'
Re: Throw out the bath water keep the baby

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com