HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Cultural 'Education'
In Response To: Re: Cultural 'Education' ()

Respect.

You could have guessed maybe: I do in my daily life choose to 'engage' or challenge Babylon. I live in no dreamland at all excepting the one Bunny sings about. That is exactly my point: I'm not saying I value literacy above any other kind of knowing, and I know well at times that I can be one of those 'educated fools.' The truest things are beyond words or wounds.

But it's easy to sit here in the USA and say, OVER THE INTERNET, that billions of downpressed people don't need access to literacy. I think many of them were they to speak to us here in our cozy spot would not agree with this. As you read in my post, I don't disrespect the deep wisdom of InI elders and Idrens who live so close to the earth.

As for the idea of challenging or as I said engaging Babylon I guess I see it different than the I. JAH must have given us this hunger for justice for HIM purpose. I hear the I totally though and there's a level where all we can do is watch Babylon fall and be sure we're outta the way when it does.
But I truly believe that I and I love for this world and all that is in it is how I come to know and love and trust JAH. And yes I do speak up and struggle and defend the defenseless just like the scripture says to do. I feel sure that brother InI does too.

I think Babylon is the forsakenness of separation from JAH. But being separate from JAH is itself an illusion: this is what I and I means to I. I believe in New Heaven and New Earth, Zion spread over the face of the earth but because we do not see it we don't reveal it.

Give thanks for the feedback on how I appear to you and maybe many others here. I'm truly sorry if I sound like I know everything, or anything at all. I'm just so happy to have found this board and the amazing ones in it, and I am a very intense sis and I'll try to listen more and talk less.

I a Rasta without apology, but if I come out soundin arrogant I'm happy to be told.
LOVE
rootsie

Messages In This Thread

Religion vs Human Life. What's Your View ?
Re: Religion vs Human Life. What's Your View ?
Cultural 'Education'
Re: Throw out the bath water keep the baby

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com