HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Him fe Bless Edmundo!
In Response To: Re: Alesemamam - I disagree ()

Greetings ILoved Edmundo..one love an Jah bless de I greatly..me cyan only seh dat it is wit great care an love de I trods an me apprecialove all de I effort in reasoning..me also sight dat ones mek yah feel dat yah nah dis or dat, but de most important ting we cyan haf is INI RELATIONSHIP TO DE LORD AN SAVIOUR, EVERY TING ELSE AFTER DAT IS JUS A NAME, NUH TRUE? de book "Dread Jesus" reasons me tink bout a Selassian Church jus as dere is a Lutheran Church, which de author tink will eventually happen, but most important is how INI relationship is..dat its! now me haffi show some ting me find bout de davidic covenant an ting yah reason on, strickly fyi..here me find dis jus recently an me forget if me post it to jwad..Hold tight Edmundo, an keep de positive reasonin vibes strong!

The Root and The Offspring of David
By Phil Luna

There have been many books and articles written through the ages about the names and titles associated with Jesus Christ. Many of them are familiar to us. Names and titles such as Savior (Matthew 1:21), Immanuel (Matthew 1:23), Son of the Highest (Luke 1:32), Faithful and True (Revelation 19:11), the Alpha and the Omega (Revelation 22:13). As the Messiah, Jesus is referred to in the Old Testament as Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6). But of all of the names given to Jesus, of all the titles conferred upon Him, one of the most curious titles is one that Jesus Himself chose to use.

In the twenty-second chapter of the Revelation of Jesus Christ we find the only occurence of this title in scripture. The sixteenth verse reads:

"I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and The Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star."

Many people have never stopped to consider the paradox that is inherent in this verse. How can someone be "the Root" and "the Offspring" of the same person?

THE ROOT

The Greek word which is translated "Root" in our English Bibles is the Strong's word #4491 Rhiza. It is the same word that John the Baptist used in Matthew 3:10 when he said,

"And even now the ax is laid to the root (Rhiza) of the trees.
Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire."

Jesus used this word also in His Parable of the Sower found in Mark 4:6. He said,

"But when the sun was up it was scorched, and because it had no root (Rhiza) it withered away."

THE OFFSPRING

The Greek word which is translated "Offspring" in our English Bibles is the Strong's word 1085 Genos. It is also translated "Generation" in other verses in scripture referring to a family's descendants.

Isaiah the prophet told us that the coming Messiah would be the offspring of David in Isaiah 11:1,
"There shall come forth a Rod (Shoot) from the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots."

Jesse, being the father of King David, is identified as a genealogical precursor to the Messiah, Jesus Christ.

ROOT OR OFFSPRING?

After the Triumphal Entry Jesus spent the next four days being examined by the religious leaders in the Temple courts. On one occasion Jesus posed this very same question to the Pharisees.

Matthew 22:41-46
While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, saying, "What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?" They said to Him, "The Son of David." He said to them, "How then does David in the Spirit call Him 'Lord,' saying:

'The LORD said to my Lord, "Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool'"?

"If David then calls Him 'Lord,' how is He his Son?"
And no one was able to answer Him a word, nor from that day on did anyone dare question Him anymore.

In Jesus' day no one was able to answer Him a word. It was a paradox that they were unable to understand. However, by examining scripture this paradox can be understood.

THE SOLUTION

Both Matthew's gospel and Luke's gospel list for us the genealogies of Jesus. In the gospel of Matthew Jesus' lineage is listed beginning with Abraham and ending with Jesus. But Luke is concerned with presenting Jesus as the "Son of Man" so he begins his genealogical listing with Jesus and goes backwards through Abraham all the way to Adam.

Luke 3:23
"Now Jesus Himself began His ministry at about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, the son of Heli,"

Luke 3:38
"the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God."

Adam was created by God (Genesis 1:26). We are further told in Colossians 1:16 tells us that Jesus is the creator.

Colossians 1:16
"For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him."

Jesus, as part of the Triune God, was Adam's creator. So Jesus was at the beginning of Luke's genealogy and at the end.

Therefore Jesus was truly the Root and Offspring of David.

Phil Luna is an ordained Assemblies of God minister. He teaches a weekly Bible study verse by verse through the Bible. His favorite area of study is the Hebraic roots of Christianity

Messages In This Thread

No responce from Rastas
Re: No responce from Rastas
Edmundo, Hayl Selasse I Is The Almighty in Bliss
Re: Edmundo, Hayl Selasse I Is The Almighty in Bli
Run Way Wit Unno Convert Business
Re: Run Way Wit Unno Convert Business
Feker Ehet - Love Sister *NM*
Re: Not konvert, but reasoning.
Selasse I naw Immanuel El Shaddai Yehovah Shammah
144,000 Are The Remanant Out Of Israel (Ethiopia)
Re: 144,000 Are The Remanant Out Of Israel (Ethiop
Awo - Yes *NM*
Edmundo,You Find H.I.M. Speeches Boring?
Re: Edmundo,You Find H.I.M. Speeches Boring?
Alesemamam - I disagree
Re: Alesemamam - I disagree
Ethiopian Tewahedo Church
Him fe Bless Edmundo!
Re: Alesemamam - I disagree
Monnennat - Foolishness
The I Shouldn't Believe The I Must Know
A response from a Rasta
Re: A response from a Rasta
Iyasus Kristos Was A Hebrew Israelite (Jew)
Re: No responce from Rastas? A RasTaman ah speak!
Re: Jesus Is The Christ.
Re: Jesus Is The Christ! Always dat!.
Why is Twelve Tribes Doctrine Always Changing? *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com