HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Concerned about intolerance on boards

When most people go on BBC, CNN or Yahoo boards, they abide by the policies of the Website or are thrown off. All those boards do not allow people to behave in a disruptive manner that could tarnish their Websites. However, when the African community, especially on these Websites that are free from distracting commercials, offers a service some of these same people feel they have a license to be disrespectful and intolerant.

I do not share the views of most of the people on this board, but I respect their right to say it and to be as forceful as possible in holding and promoting their views without trying to run others or disrupt the Website.

Yesterday Gregory posted his same discourteous post on several boards on the Website. He does not support anything but feels he has a right to be disruptive all in the name of his false idea of a God.

I would strongly recommend that this board be upgraded to allow all posters to first create a profile like some other boards I have seen.

I myself intend to stay away until the disrespect show to people who do not adhere to fundamental Christianity stops. It is ill conceived, ill mannered and immature and totally contrary to these Sites that offers a variety of historical and cultural views.

A few of us who freely volunteer time and resourses feel it is in our interest to protect this commercial free service.

Let every ill-tempered person who is not supportive do as they please elsewhere. They are no good to Rastafari and anyone else.

I am forwarding a copy of my concerns to the admin in the hope that the site improves.

Messages In This Thread

Concerned about intolerance on boards
Re: Concerned about intolerance on boards
naturally
Re: naturally
Re: naturally

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com