HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: The difference between dissing and persecution

Alright star, one more response to the Christafari topic. Your point is taken, I was guilty of exaggerating to make a point, but I wouldn't call it "lies". I was saying what was implied by their statements. If you agree with weed remaining illegal, then you agree with people being locked up for it. Cause and effect, if it's illegal, babylon will lock you up for it. They say herb destroys brain cells which is a lie (maybe they believe it)- you can't find a respectable scientist that will tell you there's any evidence for this, you can try. They say sick people should just use legal medicines, this is discounting the experience of many people who find herb more effective and with less side-effects in relieving their ailments. Who are they to tell a sick man what is his best medicine?

As for the "obey authority" part, you hit the nail on the head when you said about evil rulers, etc., "that's the way it is so we have to just fight it." Exactly. We have to fight dem, not accept them. The story of Job to I is a metaphor for all people that is suffering, not to lose faith in the Most High. But I don't hear Christafari saying "God let these evil rulers have dominion to test us, strengthen us to fight them", I hear them saying "Every ruler rules by God's permission so to disobey them, is to disobey God." Me nuh like that ideology there. Still less when it coming from a white yankee who could never overstand the fullness of InI struggle as Africans. Yes, me a bring the race thing to the table because me is not color blind, if I was living in a world with no racism i would be color-blind, I'm not so I can't be. I must see these things. Me nah go let no one tell me not to fight a racist downpressor, and if is a white man tell me that, me say "well you mussee down with the downpressor your damn self", seen?

Don't misunderstand me, I don't judge white people becuase they're white, my own father is white. But race is a factor I'ma take into consideration, because that is the world we live in.

Anyway I leffin the Christafari topic there becuase I think it's many more important things to discuss. But lemme close out by saying that, as you are in this Christian trod, I hope you don't forget the POSITIVE things you obtained from trodding Rastafari way. Things like resisting downpression, and promoting pride in we self as African people (which has NOTHING to do with any kinda racial superiority ideology).

Alright star me gone, until next time, Peace, Love and Respect.... JAH guide

Messages In This Thread

Christafari
Re: Christafari
Christ is Tafari / Kristos naw Tafari

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com