HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: The difference between dissing and persecution

Respect SIS. Kaya (sorry for referring to you as "bredren" before!)

Which part of my post is lies? Let me know which part because I don't want to be spreading lies, I posted what I perceive to be the truth. May not be the same as your perception of the truth.

Like me say, the problem I have with Christafari is not that they're Christian, nor that they're promoting Christianity, nor that they advocate abstaining from herb. The problem I have with them is they advocate herb remaining illegal, even for sick people who could benefit from it, and that they are telling people to obey authority because, in effect, authorities and governments of the world are "appointed by God."

They even say "the best reason not to smoke herb is because it's illegal and we're not supposed to do anything against authority." Eh?? So, is not even that they are convinced that herb is bad for your health or your soul or whatever, the main reason they say you mustn't smoke is because it's illegal. So we should just follow every authority.

Like the people of MOVE always say (MOVE is a community of dreads, not rastas, in Philly who were firebombed by Philly police on the orders of then-mayor Wilson Goode, a "Christian" and a (poor excuse for) a black man, killing eleven people including five children, in 1985): "Just becuase it's legal, don't make it right." Cos slavery was legal and resisting slavery was illegal, the genocide of the "Indians" was legal but when the "Indians" resisted they were called outlaws and savages, the Holocaust was legal according to Nazi law but if you resisted the Nazis they would execute you.

So me don't like nobody spreading that ideology of "bow down to authority becuase God appointed them." Iman know God never appoint Botha, DeKlerk, Bush, nor none a dem wicked downpressive governments. Rather, God appoint InI to overthrow all downpressor of whatever color, and establish equal rights and justice, the seeds which shall bear the fruit of peace and love.
One more thing... somewhere on their site, i believe when they are talking about Bob Marley, they refer to Rastafari as "a Jamaican cult." Now first of all as I know the I know Rasta is not a "Jamaican" thing it is an African thing for all Africans scattered across the diaspora (and for all people as well, but the africans first because the first thing to do is set your own house in order). Second, the "cult" part. Now elsewhere on their board they talk about how you will never find 2 Rastas who believe exactly the same thing. Now I thought the definition of a "cult" was a group of people who follow some charismatic leader and get brainwashed to all believe the same thing. So how Rasta could be a cult? The leader of a cult doesn't let his followers have their own opinions, they must all share the cult leader's opinion! So, it sound like what Christafari is promoting fits the definition of "cult" better than Rasta!
JAH guide...Respect still, G-Man

Messages In This Thread

Christafari
Re: Christafari
Christ is Tafari / Kristos naw Tafari

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com