AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Mongrel Politics and an American Mind *LINK*

Mongrel Politics and an American Mind

Tax day found CounterPuncher JoAnn Wypijewski stranded in Columbia, South Carolina. “I went up to the state capitol to check out the local Tea Party. It – the Tea Party, that is -- was of moderate size, blazingly white. On the capitol steps, facing the Confederate flag on the grounds below, some anarchists sat with a prominent sign, “End the welfare-warfare state.” In the shade at the edge of the proceedings, I fell into conversation with a bandy, blue-eyed man who wore a cap that said, “Gun Owners for Paul.” He had terrible teeth and a long white beard reminiscent of O, Brother, Where Art Thou? and said he was 65. He spoke in a high-pitched country drawl, a matter-of-fact style with a wild fringe of humor.”

In our latest newsletter we feature JoAnn’s riveting and highly entertaining interview. Some samples of grassroots political philosophy outside the Beltway in the year 2010:

Stewart: Now, Ron Paul: I voted for him in the primaries because he stood for peace, which is what Americans wanted and why they voted for Obama. They did not want to redistribute the wealth. All they wanted was No War!

JW: So you’re against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

S: All right, now let me tell you somethin’ that’ll really blow the minds of whoever listens to this. We do not live in a democracy, even a representative democracy called a republic. We live in a mediacracy.

JW: Meaning M-E-D-I-A?

S: Right. Most people vote according to how they are influenced by the media. Ever since back in the Fifties I could read the newspapers, I didn’t care who won the elections, I was not political, I never voted for 30 or 40 years, but I could tell who was gonna win the elections. All I had to do was open the newspaper, The New York Times, and I’d say, well, look, they favor Johnson more than they do Goldwater; Johnson’s gotta win. I didn’t know why, but ever since then I have been thinkin’ about it. Finally, I figured it out.The people that own the media determine who’s gonna get elected because most of the idiots out here are just gonna turn on that TV; they don’t have the sense to turn on the Internet and find a different viewpoint. And the people that own the seven or eight big media conglomerates, they start at the primary level, so, by the time you get to the national level – like Obama against McCain – they’ve already been vetted on both sides. It doesn’t matter which one wins, so, in the end, if we had voted for McCain, we’d have gotten the same war that we got from Obama. I called up a radio station before Obama got elected, I said, “He’s not gonna end the war. I know who owns the media, and I know why they put him in there, and they want us in Iraq.”

I have ancestors that’ve been rabid Christians, crazy Christians, ’cause there’s no other kind, ’cause they been lied to, and you can’t be lied to all your life without bein’ insane. It’s just garbage in, garbage out.

So, we are a lied-to people. We are an insane people that believe in all kind of things that aren’t supported by evidence, by facts, by anything, because the Jews had the wisdom – you know, Paul nearly fell off his horse when he was ridin’ around tryin’ to kill the Christian Jews; he said, my god, they will send money to Jerusalem if we can just convert these people! Big stroke of genius, and they’ve been doin’ it ever since!

Yeah, I understand why we’re fightin’ in Iraq, ’cause Israel wants to bomb all those people back to the Stone Age. The reason terrorists are over here is because they are being colonized, the same way that the American Indians fought my ancestors ’cause they were takin’ their land. It makes sense. But the Jewish media talks about terrorism, says it ain’t got nothin’ to do with Palestine. It’s ’cause they hate our freedom, all kind of lies, and the American people: yuh, yuh, the Jews are right. Yuh, gotta protect Israel, preacher said so, God’s chosen people, hallelujah Israel. I wanna go to heaven, and when the Messiah comes along, I gonna be his man.

JW: So, are you a pagan?

S: I worship god, the same god that my ancestors worshiped for 40,000-50,000 years, and my god is life.

Messages In This Thread

symbiotic farming *LINK*
Understanding the nature of the beast *LINK*
Re: Understanding the nature of the beast
Paralysis tied to food poisoning *LINK*
Re: symbiotic farming
Chant after me...
follow me...troll me....
Oh piss off
oh get off the vapors
Isonomy vs. Democracy vs Oligarchy vs Monarchy
Re: Isonomy vs. Democracy vs Oligarchy vs Monarchy
Brzezinski's Diplomacy *LINK*
Re: Brzezinski's Diplomacy
Re: Brzezinski's Diplomacy *LINK*
Re: Isonomy vs. Democracy vs Oligarchy vs Monarchy *LINK*
Mongrel Politics and an American Mind *LINK*
Mediacracy / Media-Crazy?
Re: Mediacracy / Media-Crazy? *LINK*
"Imagine if the Tea Party was Black"- Tim Wise *LINK*
Re: "Imagine if the Tea Party was Black"- Tim Wise
Re: Isonomy vs. Democracy vs Oligarchy vs Monarchy *LINK*
Malpractice Insurance Co-Op
Re: Malpractice Insurance Co-Op *NM* *LINK*
Re: symbiotic farming *LINK*
"Happy Genocide Day"
A crash you may have missed . . . *LINK*
Did not; but did you miss this crash? *LINK*
Re: Did not; but did you miss this crash?
Re: Did not; but did you miss this crash?
We're all Joe Stack! *LINK*
Re: We're all Joe Stack!
confirming your insight . . . *NM* *LINK*
Re: confirming your insight . . . *NM* *LINK*
Community trumps Anonymity *NM* *LINK*
Re: Community trumps Anonymity
Re: Community trumps Anonymity
American Serengeti *LINK*
Re: confirming your insight . . . *LINK*
Re: confirming your insight . . . *LINK*
felt that today where i reside *NM*
Re: felt that today where i reside
Re: Did not; but did you miss this crash? *NM* *LINK*
Diabolical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Diabolical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
free markets win again . . . *NM* *LINK*
NO. Its the defeat of Supply Side Economics
Re: NO. Its the defeat of Supply Side Economics
Re: NO. Its the defeat of Supply Side Economics
Pemature Death? *LINK*
Re: Pemature Death? *LINK*
Re: Pemature Death? *NM* *LINK*
Co-founder of social network Diaspora dies at 22 *NM* *LINK*
Altruism or Conceit?
Re: Altruism or Conceit?
Re: Altruism or Conceit?
Re: Altruism or Conceit? *NM* *LINK*
Joe discovered the carcass and... *LINK*
Ron Paul the racist *NM* *LINK*
Re: Ron Paul the racist
Re: Ron Paul the racist
I get by with a little help from my friends . . . *NM* *LINK*
Seems like Curiosity keeps on killing...
Re: I get by with a little help from my friends . *NM* *LINK*
Man behind Tesla motors launches space rocket *LINK*
more to this than meets the eye? *NM* *LINK*
Quinoa Boom Is Both Boon and Bane *LINK*
The Pyramid Crisis *NM* *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com