AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: The Church of Haile Selassie I

***If you were to obey Girmawi Haile Selassie, we would not worship HIM as God, as he said not to do so. Dont be selective in what we should obey from HIM.***

No sir, he never said that. What he said, is that he was not emanated from a diety. Well neither was Yashua ben Yoseph and Miriam. Emanate means that you pop up into existence all by yourself. Yashua, and Selassie I both had parents.

Selassie I is the return of the Christ. Christ taught us how to pray by starting off with "our father". Christ was not speaking to himself. He was speaking to his father in heaven. However Christ was the manifestation of JAH on earth, as well as was Selassie I. Yet both men told us to pray to GOD/JAH. I overstand the vision of Rastafari, and I thank JAH for comming in the fullness of this wisdom.

*** How do you equate forming a church with having a central government in Babylon? Does islam have a central goverment in Babylon? How about Buddhism? Sikhs? Hindi?***

Perhaps you misunderstand I. When I say a central government, I am speaking of an organized religion. I am not speaking in terms of politics and elections such as Barack Obama. A simple misunderstanding....no probelm.

***I think it goes beyond Rastafari people. BLACK people have been persecuted since we been in the western hemisphere. Ask any so called white Rasta if they have been persecuted.***

Ofcourse it goes beyond my Rastafari people. However that is not the point of this reasoning. We are not talking about ethnical protection, but religious protection. This is about the right to be a Rasta, and not be discriminated against in the work place and at schools for InI young Idren.

And as far as the whole white Rasta thing go.....trust me, if a white man walked into school looking like Bob Marley with thick dreads running down his back with a thich beard to match, then he too would not be allowed in. Nor would he be hired to work for a job grossing over 30K a year. And you know that is the truth. Yet a WHITE MUSLIM can come to work in full garb, and get that job. C'mon my brother.

***The NOI is not acknowledged as a true Islamic religion. It is also not acknowledged in schools. I teach in a public school and I have never heard any mention of the NOI. It is frowned upon to stress religion in public schools anyway.***

Once again you have the I misunderstood. I am not talking about the school administration teaching religion in public schools. What I am saying, is that there is not one black muslim that will be turned down from entrance to a public school, or will be threatened with the fear of being fired if one find's out that you are a Rasta.

***Again, how is Islam protected? And unders whose law? Right now in my area, they are trying to shut down a Saudi school because the county doesnt agree with what is written in their text books.***

Once again you are going off topic. Let InI remain focus on the issue at hand. However no Saudi will be thrown out of a American PUBLIC school for being a Saudi, or a Muslim.

ONE LOVE

Messages In This Thread

The Church of Haile Selassie I
IRON, LION , ZION
Re: IRON, LION , ZION
This is for you sistren *NM* *LINK*
Re: This is for you sistren *LINK*
Re: This is for you sistren
Sistren check this out *LINK*
Re: Sistren check this out
Re: Sistren check this out
Re: The Church of Haile Selassie I *LINK*
that's why I linked the webpage
ONE LOVE
selassielive: word/power to the investigations *NM*
HOLY HERB
Re: HOLY HERB
Rasta Elder *LINK*
Rastafari, Haile Selassie & the Bible (2 of 2) *LINK*
Re: The Church of Haile Selassie I *LINK*
Haile Selassie War Speech "Amharic Version" *LINK*
statement of women in Rastalogy
Nyabinghi Chant
Lion Of Judah *NM* *LINK*
This brother overstands *NM* *LINK*
More overstanding from the bredren *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com