AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: The Church of Haile Selassie I

*** have no problem with that. To each, his or her own. My problem is that it should not be masked as a Rastafari I-sembly.***

And can you tell me why it should not be marked as an Rastafari Assembly?

***As far as getting respect as a livity, who are you asking for respect from? The establishment? Do they have to ok it for it to be deemed legitimate?***

The answer is yes my brother. You are living in the white man's land, eating his food, and applying to his institutions of higher learning. Therefore if a Rastafarian seeks to intergrate into the educational system as a child or an adult, then you will need the validity of the establishment, if you wish to dodge persecution. My brother that is a reality of our situtaion. No religion will have LEGAL protection under the law in the work place and at school, until it is deemed as a validatible religion.

***Also, after 911, people with head coverings were discriminated against in general. It was not only geared toward Rastafari people. Muslims, Sikhs, and Hindi were attacked and persecuted.***

Forgive me for generalizing, however I am speaking from a American expiereince. I am not aware of what country you are from. Just to inform you, Muslim women were not told to remove their head coverings at their jobs. Nor were their children told to remove their head coverings post 911 if they wish to enter the first grade. Nobody consciously can even begin to compare the persecution of muslims compared to Rastafarian people in relation to being persecuted in Babylon.

***The idea of home schooling did not manifest because Rastafari people were worried about their youths having to cut their locks. The idea was that public school is based on a eurocentric pedagogy.***

I never stated that home schooling among the Rasta community originated from our lack of entering our children into the educational system. However it is one of the reasons. Not all Rastafarians willingly home school their children. Some do it because that is the only option left.

Jah Bless

Messages In This Thread

The Church of Haile Selassie I
IRON, LION , ZION
Re: IRON, LION , ZION
This is for you sistren *NM* *LINK*
Re: This is for you sistren *LINK*
Re: This is for you sistren
Sistren check this out *LINK*
Re: Sistren check this out
Re: Sistren check this out
Re: The Church of Haile Selassie I *LINK*
that's why I linked the webpage
ONE LOVE
selassielive: word/power to the investigations *NM*
HOLY HERB
Re: HOLY HERB
Rasta Elder *LINK*
Rastafari, Haile Selassie & the Bible (2 of 2) *LINK*
Re: The Church of Haile Selassie I *LINK*
Haile Selassie War Speech "Amharic Version" *LINK*
statement of women in Rastalogy
Nyabinghi Chant
Lion Of Judah *NM* *LINK*
This brother overstands *NM* *LINK*
More overstanding from the bredren *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com